Safe standing / operation one end

1.618034 said:
Fantastic news. The sooner this comes in the better.

FTR I think our standing/singing section should be along the lower tier of the East stand... Like the Kippax was.

Those who used to stand on there got used to the view from the side and have never really wanted to give that up, hence many are scattered through the Colin Bell and East stands...

City have never really had an "End" so it still feels strange, to me anyway, to have a singing section in the South Stand. I don't think there's a big surprise that the South East corner makes more noise and the people along that side want to join in but can't because of standing regulations.

Imagine the whole of the East Stand Lower as standing for City fans and City fans only. They wouldn't ever have to move to accommodate big away support AND could get a great view of the game... At a reasonable price.

Operation Kippax!

It's the future.
Indeed fella, indeed! That's what it has to be!

I posted this in the "ultras" thread the other day:
"I think we need a proper City end. Some might argue that we already have the South Stand and the Singing Section, well, for me that just wont do. I see all the different aspects of our club that are changing into being the best in the world, and then I look at the Cheadle End at Stockport's Edgeley Park that holds 5044 people and see that our two little efforts either side of the away fans total about 3000 and it just doesn't cut it for me.
I've decided (very recently as i've had a different stance in the past) that I want to make East Stand Level 1, from 101-111, the Singing Section. Fuck just having a little effort in the corner available for it, that's Lg2/Conference shit, let's have a number of thousand.

We can't have it in the North Stand because at that end we have the Family Stand; and we can't have it in the South Stand because deep down the Police and City are quite reluctant to move the away fans from where they are, they get the full end in cup games anyway, and loads of us vocal fans who have good seats don't want to be behind the goal (I want my good view).

So let's do something with the stand we can do something with. Let's make our "City end" the East Stand. [109]110/111 is a bit of a poor effort right now, not for the people stood there, but for the size of it (or lack of).

I've said many times that at Wembley there were 15k prepared to stand all game. We've been to Old Trafford and Blackburn and had 7-9000 prepared to stand up. Yet we have just 3000 places at our own ground. If we had ESL1 that might give us about 5000, plus what there is in the South Stand. Now this isn't giving us what other big supported clubs have for their vocal stands (United 18000, Villa 14500, Liverpool 12500, SheffUtd 12000, SheffWeds 11000, or even Blackburn who have 7000) it is really only lining us up with Stockport's Cheadle End of 5044... but at least it's more than we currently have and it's a start.

This might never happen, but it is my new stance on it all, whatever that counts for!"

1.618034 said:

FTR I think our standing/singing section should be along the lower tier of the East stand... Like the Kippax was.

Those who used to stand on there got used to the view from the side and have never really wanted to give that up, hence many are scattered through the Colin Bell and East stands...

City have never really had an "End" so it still feels strange, to me anyway, to have a singing section in the South Stand. I don't think there's a big surprise that the South East corner makes more noise and the people along that side want to join in but can't because of standing regulations.

Imagine the whole of the East Stand Lower as standing for City fans and City fans only. They wouldn't ever have to move to accommodate big away support AND could get a great view of the game... At a reasonable price.

Operation Kippax!

It's the future.

I like this.

Please anyone wanting standing back, join the Football Supporters' Federation.

It is FREE to join!!!!! Saying you want it back is one thing..... doing something about it is another....
''You can have it all, but how much do ya wan it?''

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk/join.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsf.org.uk/join.php</a>

Slicker than Sommeil said:
1.618034 said:

Operation Kippax!

It's the future.

I like this.

Thanks.

Slicker than Sommeil said:
1.618034 said:

Operation Kippax!

It's the future.

I like this.

This is the best idea I've seen, all this bollocks about 'do we have whole of the ss, then do away fans go up to third tier? or move them along..... This idea of 5000+ fans, great view, right in front of tv cameras along with the ss on the side of the away fans would be immense, we should raise awareness of this proposal to the club.

I like it when I have a good idea...

New thread?

Can anyone estimate how much the capacity would go up if the whole of East and South Stand Lower was Safe Standing? I assume that we'd get double the number of current seats in those areas...?

1.618034 said:

New thread?

Can anyone estimate how much the capacity would go up if the whole of East and South Stand Lower was Safe Standing? I assume that we'd get double the number of current seats in those areas...?

Not quite double.
Guidelines suggest that for every 10 seats, you get 18 people standing (9 people on each step, as apparently people take up more room standing than sitting!) - that's why when clubs receive a reduced allocation at places like Sunderland for fans standing up previously, they simply take the end seat away from each row.

So 1,000 seats = 1,800 standing
5,000 seats = 9,000 standing
10,000 seats = 18,000 standing

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
1.618034 said:

New thread?

Not quite double.
Guidelines suggest that for every 10 seats, you get 18 people standing (9 people on each step, as apparently people take up more room standing than sitting!) - that's why when clubs receive a reduced allocation at places like Sunderland for fans standing up previously, they simply take the end seat away from each row.

So 1,000 seats = 1,800 standing
5,000 seats = 9,000 standing
10,000 seats = 18,000 standing

Thanks.. But how many do those areas currently hold?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.