Safe standing SPL pilot

Ayrshire-Blue said:
Unlike England and Wales where legislation regarding all seated stadia was introduced through the Taylor report report after Hillsborough, Scotland wasn't bound by this, the all seated rule was an SPL thing not legislation, and therefore it's easier for the SPL to allow standing areas, governments/lawyers etc dont need to be involved

Almost right!

The UK government at the time wanted to bring Scotland in line with the regulation and the Department for culture, media and sport (DCMS) decided that rather than bring in the regulation in Scotland, they would ''strongly advise'' the Scottish Premier League to 'voluntarily' have it included in the rules for being in the SPL that all stadiums have to be all seated. Failure to take on board this ''advice'' would have resulted in the SPL coming under the remit of the Football Licensing Authority (FLA) - which would have led to the regulation being forced upon the SPL teams.

Now the UK Government has no power in Scotland, the SPL can relax the all seated rule that they 'voluntarily' introduced and face no threats from DCMS or the FLA.

It really is great news and once it is shown to be successful, any arguement against introducing it in England & Wales will be blown apart....

Re: Safe Standing/SPL

I know that the second reading has been delayed till I think 20th Jan for safe standing in this country. Good to know that the Scots are doing it, put forward an argument of "Well they do it and they're bloody next door".

MATCITY said:
Can't be much danger in 8 people standing up at the same time

Lol will this increase the people in each ground if we put safe standing at the etihad will we have bigger crowds

The UK government at the time after the Hillsborough enquiry wanted to bring Scotland in line with the regulation and the Department for culture, media and sport (DCMS) decided that rather than bring in the regulation in Scotland, they would ''strongly advise'' the Scottish Premier League to 'voluntarily' have it included in the rules for being in the SPL that all stadiums have to be all seated. Failure to take on board this ''advice'' would have resulted in the SPL coming under the remit of the Football Licensing Authority (FLA) - which would have led to the regulation being forced upon the SPL teams.

Now the UK Government has no power in Scotland, the SPL can relax the all seated rule that they 'voluntarily' introduced and face no threats from DCMS or the FLA.

It really is great news and once it is shown to be successful, any arguement against introducing it in England & Wales will be blown apart....

I do hope City keep an eye on this situation.....

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=242530" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=14&t=242530</a>

I am 69 have not felt the need to stand at a game since 1975 but it is a fact that some fans wish to stand,if standing areas were allowed I think the game would gain all round less trouble both with and for stewards in the grounds and hopfully reduced prices this will get back fans who are priced out of attending.It would be a good PR move for a major premier team to put out a statement backing the SPL,go on City lead the way on this.

If people want to show their support here is how you can contribute: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/safestanding.php?id=&page=sign" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fsf.org.uk/petitions/safesta ... &page=sign</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.