Salford City fc

Was to be so easy a rise through the league millions being thrown at them ...........Sky programmes about there rise the class of 92 bollocks they will be back where they came from within a matter of years

Was to be so easy a rise through the league millions being thrown at them ...........Sky programmes about there rise the class of 92 bollocks they will be back where they came from within a matter of years
Then the cold hard facts became apparent .. Ratty and his equally inept cohorts couldn’t manage their way out of a decade old douche bag..!! It’s lamentable having this charlatan spouting his shit about the beautiful game he knows Zero about on any form of media..

I went to watch Darlington play at Salford before the 92 takeover. There was about 350 there and the team played in Amber shirts.

A couple of years later I was at another Darlington game {not involving Salford} and got chatting to a girl who maintained Salfords website. I remember at the time she told me that Salford had a population of 250,000 so there was great potential.

It must be heart breaking for the original Salford fans to see these twats change the club colours etc in their vanity project. Its all going to end in tears with those loses.

I went to watch Darlington play at Salford before the 92 takeover. There was about 350 there and the team played in Amber shirts.

A couple of years later I was at another Darlington game {not involving Salford} and got chatting to a girl who maintained Salfords website. I remember at the time she told me that Salford had a population of 250,000 so there was great potential.

It must be heart breaking for the original Salford fans to see these twats change the club colours etc in their vanity project. Its all going to end in tears with those loses.

I used to “follow” them a little bit. Never been to a game in my life. But always used to look out for their results in the paper and wish them well from afar.

I can remember reading in the old Salford Star newspaper, when they broke the story of the interest from the ex United players. The article was full of quotes from Neville about how the old fans had nothing to worry about. They weren’t going to come in and fuck about with the traditions of the club.

Then the first thing they do after the buy out, is dress them all in replica United kits. Neville later brushed aside complaints about that with some bullshit about the club not having always played in tangerine and that they had even previously played in red at some dim and distant point in their history apparently.

For a supposed shrewd businessman, I don’t even understand why they would want to do that?

Salford always will be a United stronghold, due to its proximity to Old Trafford. But if say even a conservative 10% of Salford residents have some sort of affinity towards City. That’s approximately 2,500 current people and an unlimited amount of future potential fans, that you’ve totally alienated and ensured will never want anything to do with them. Makes no sense.

I used to “follow” them a little bit. Never been to a game in my life. But always used to look out for their results in the paper and wish them well from afar.

I can remember reading in the old Salford Star newspaper, when they broke the story of the interest from the ex United players. The article was full of quotes from Neville about how the old fans had nothing to worry about. They weren’t going to come in and fuck about with the traditions of the club.

Then the first thing they do after the buy out, is dress them all in replica United kits. Neville later brushed aside complaints about that with some bullshit about the club not having always played in tangerine and that they had even previously played in red at some dim and distant point in their history apparently.

For a supposed shrewd businessman, I don’t even understand why they would want to do that?

Salford always will be a United stronghold, due to its proximity to Old Trafford. But if say even a conservative 10% of Salford residents have some sort of affinity towards City. That’s approximately 2,500 current people and an unlimited amount of future potential fans, that you’ve totally alienated and ensured will never want anything to do with them. Makes no sense.
Same with the Moston Rag Socks.
Claim to be a community club, yet in being a rag lite tribute club they instantly alienate every Blue in the "community" they are desperate to be seen to represent. And then wonder why more local businesses and residents are not getting behind their "product"

The football is shite but I'm no stranger to shite football. However, the admission price for over 60s is £10 is probably the cheapest in the EFL.
Say what you like but that's a good price.

The football is shite but I'm no stranger to shite football. However, the admission price for over 60s is £10 is probably the cheapest in the EFL.
Say what you like but that's a good price.

Rooney says hello, over 60s you say ? Rooney nailed on being the manager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.