Salty reactions from other fans and the media

I think we will get a marquee non-Abu Dhabi sponsor, which will boil an ungodly amount of piss.

Especially if we can win the CL - that has seemingly made a very serious difference in Liverpools commercial appeal.

Remember that half the point of CFG is advertising - that's what Soriano dreamed it up for at Barcelona. Connected global scouting, and commercial deals. You advertise with us and you get coverage in USA, Australia, China, India, South America.

I think we'll unveil an absolute monster sponsorship deal that will cover the whole group, and City will be designated 90% of the money.
Amazon, Apple or Google would be amazing

It doesn’t mean we can spend £200m if our profits aren’t above that.

We’ve been found Not Guilty of disguising equity funding as sponsorship contributions. That’s all.

There seems to able two big incorrect notions across both mainstream and social media today that:
1. We are guilty but have got away with it;
2. We’ve taken UEFA to court over FFP and we’ve won so it’ll now be scrapped.

Neither of them are true!

I thought FFP as been suspended for next 2 years because of Covid19, so rich owners can support there club from going under, and UEFA were in the process of changing the rules so Owners can invest with personal money as much as they want

Thank you, the point I was trying to make. You have got to the point where you could easily spend that and not come close to FFP, through trophies, sponsorships and sales like the recent Sane one (no doubt followed by a few fringe players).

Exactly. It appears to be as long as you are servicing the massive debt its ok. But who is closer to going under should there be a world financial disaster - Man U. Plus didnt Real and Barca get accused of receiving state financial aid a few years back from the Spanish Government? Suddenly its all forgotten about. The Juve and Barca recent swap deal showed that the valuations and the way the deal was agreed basically give both clubs a £60mill (roughly) FFP boost - again how is that ok?

FFP needs to go but what comes in after, god knows. Maybe a limit on the number of signings? Maybe a wage cap? An Americal model where you can have 3 MVP's? Honestly I wouldnt know where to start as the sport has gotten way to powerful to even try such things.
Until Ffp came in football was a free for all. Don't have any problem with that, teams have come and gone through the history of football.

I thought FFP as been suspended for next 2 years because of Covid19, so rich owners can support there club from going under, and UEFA were in the process of changing the rules so Owners can invest with personal money as much as they want

UEFA having a re-think following the CAS result . Owners of all clubs other than City to be allowed to invest their own money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.