Samir Nasri

I don’t think this is true whatsoever.

Nasri had two fantastic seasons in the two years we won the title while he was here. He was among our best performing players both seasons. Nasri played well for more of the three seasons between 2011-12 and 2013-14 than Sterling has in the last three years.

The same lazy myth is said about Yaya Touré as well, which is even more wrong.
Nasri scored some big important goals in big important moments for us, unfairly maligned by many on here.
That said, Mancini made him a champion. He never won a proper winners medal outside of City, unless you count the Intertoto Cup with Marseille.
its funny that a lot of the players Mancini fell out with seemed to be the ones who were themselves ‘a bit of a handful’ to say the least

Nasri scored some big important goals in big important moments for us, unfairly maligned by many on here.
That said, Mancini made him a champion. He never won a proper winners medal outside of City, unless you count the Intertoto Cup with Marseille.
its funny that a lot of the players Mancini fell out with seemed to be the ones who were themselves ‘a bit of a handful’ to say the least
It was great watching Nasri, Silva and Toure keep possession.

I don’t think this is true whatsoever.

Nasri had two fantastic seasons in the two years we won the title while he was here. He was among our best performing players both seasons. Nasri played well for more of the three seasons between 2011-12 and 2013-14 than Sterling has in the last three years.

The same lazy myth is said about Yaya Touré as well, which is even more wrong.
That’s why this is a forum. We can agree to disagree.

With due respect, Nasri might have had his moments, but he was a bit player compared with Toure and Silva. Would he make a list of City's all time best 50 Players? Borderline. Yaya Toure and David Silva make anyone's top 10.
I’m not suggesting he was their equal. What I’m saying is it was magic when he combined with those two.

Great player but seems to have been irritating / annoying off the pitch ?

Deschamps left him out of France's World Cup squad as he said the French squad already had enough disharmony without adding Nasri.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.