Samsung Galaxy S5 (not Neo) Mobile Phone

BigJoe#1

I am looking to get a mobile phone and having done some research and I am thinking about the Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE G900F.

These have now been superceded by the Neo but with my limited knowledge the original S5 seems better.

Because they're out of production they're hard to find new though there are several refurbished ones around (not interested in a refurb). However, I have managed to find an online company that can supply them and having spoken to them they say all their products are brand new. The company is simpleyelectronics.com and are based in Hong Kong.

If it's allowed here is a link. http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=24005&sd=specs
Mods please delete if it's forbidden.

So a few questions for the illumine of the board

1. Has anyone heard of this company and if so would you recommend it?
2. If not would you take a punt on it the price of the phone is £250.00?
3. Anyone know of anywhere in the UK that still sells this item, though I must stress I wouldn't be interested in a refurbished model?

This forum is brilliant for getting balanced opinion, so boys and girls.... over to you!

Thanks

There is probably a very good reason the S5 was superseded by the Neo btw. All I know is I have a neo and it is fantastic.
what happens if you buy an S5 and it goes wrong you may have to replace it with a neo anyway

So...

You want our opinion on an out of production phone that is has been superseded by a better and newer phone that is still in production and costs 250 quid from a website in Hong Kong that you have never heard of?

I have no idea where to start.

Fair enough... Like I say I know FA.

All I know that is the OS on the Neo is an in house Samsung system which is different and aparently slower that the S5. Also they dropped the fingerprint recognition.... But hey thanks, I did invite that.

the S5 is a brilliant phone - better than the S6 unless you are desperate to see a glow down the edge of your phone

the S5 is a brilliant phone - better than the S6 unless you are desperate to see a glow down the edge of your phone

This is completely correct the S5 is an amazing phone. I have one and won't be "upgrading" until it either breaks or I lose it. If you can find a cheap one then great. I wouldn't touch that website with a barge pole though. The finger scanner is very hit and miss for me and isn't very secure method of locking your phone so I don't think there is much difference with the neo version.

You need to look at Lg g3 my friend it pisses all over the neo and sim free at argos at the minute for 199...

Slightly off topic but went and had a look at the S2 classic smart watch today and the wife told me i have about 3 month on my contract left, she then asked what upgrade i am going for.
My response was i am not upgrading, my note 4 is more than enough tech wise for my usage. I surf the net watch kodi take the odd video (UHD I believe but have never used it since i dont have a UHD tv) It multitasks well and is probably overkill for me as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.