Samuel Umtiti

Pretty sure it's just play for a new contract. But I would love to have him if there's any validity to this.

As unlikely as this deal would seem at first glance, I think it's possible. In 2016 Barca's wage bill was a staggering 84% of revenue. Seriously, their wage structure is non existent. In the intervening time they did sell Neymar and relieve themselves of his wages, but they also:
  • Spent an initial €105mm on Ousmane Dembele (which could rise to €147mm) and put him on €12mm a year wages
  • Spent €40mm on Paulinho
  • Renewed Lionel Messi's contract for €30mm a year and paid out €50mm up front as a signing bonus
  • Announced a comprehensive renovation of the Nou Camp
If they're seriously about to spend another €150mm on Coutinho, and put him on the wages that kind of transfer would command (especially given what they just paid Dembele) it's possibly the might have to sell Umtiti. Barcelona, for all of their success on the pitch are a really poorly run organization and while I cant imagine it would be their preference to lose Umtiti, privately they might not mind getting a solid fee for him, especially since they've been without him for a part of this year anyway.

...or his agent is just leveraging us for a new deal (this is probably it)

Athletic and good on the ball but average defending. Would rather we go for Skriniar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.