Sarah Everard murder | Wayne Couzens given whole-life sentence

This whole thing is fucked up.

I feel so sorry for Sarah, her family and anyone who was affected by this utter ****.

The most astonishing thing, is how many red flags were there about this guy BEFORE he applied and joined the Met Police. It is beyond comprehension that he got through the vetting process.

I went to join the Police Force when I was 21.......passed everything, expect for the interview. The question I failed...... "What Police initiatives are happening in your area at the moment?"

The assumption here is that because I didn't research my area, I wouldn't do it as part of the job.

Utter bollocks........but they let this **** in and many, many other completely unfit twats in.

In hindsight....glad I didn't, I would have probably been kicked out as a Whistle-blower.

This whole thing is fucked up.

I feel so sorry for Sarah, her family and anyone who was affected by this utter ****.

The most astonishing thing, is how many red flags were there about this guy BEFORE he applied and joined the Met Police. It is beyond comprehension that he got through the vetting process.

I went to join the Police Force when I was 21.......passed everything, expect for the interview. The question I failed...... "What Police initiatives are happening in your area at the moment?"

The assumption here is that because I didn't research my area, I wouldn't do it as part of the job.

Utter bollocks........but they let this **** in and many, many other completely unfit twats in.

In hindsight....glad I didn't, I would have probably been kicked out as a Whistle-blower.

For me the big thing is that having cut Cops in austerity then pledging to top up again in quick time inevitably results in poor recruitment - you need to have a line - particularly in law enforcement - below which you should not drop

So he sexually attacked a child, raped 2 women and tried to kidnap a woman a knife point, failed background checks twice but still managed to get in the police. Makes you wonder what you have to do to not get in

So he sexually attacked a child, raped 2 women and tried to kidnap a woman a knife point, failed background checks twice but still managed to get in the police. Makes you wonder what you have to do to not get in
My last two jobs have required a DBS check and neither were for the police force.

For me the big thing is that having cut Cops in austerity then pledging to top up again in quick time inevitably results in poor recruitment - you need to have a line - particularly in law enforcement - below which you should not drop

Worked last year with a man on the child protection unit for the police but he helps recruit new pcs too, said the checks were shocking he clocked someone with a racist tattoo in the final weeks of his training and had him binned off asap. Just some anecdotal info but doesn't surprise me.

My last two jobs have required a DBS check and neither were for the police force.
Ive had to go through Police vetting numerous times and the detail required for that is ridiculous. Both times i've had to get vetting it involved about a 20 page form going into all my family members, wifes parents, finances etc.... even what social media platforms i'm registered on. It isn't just a DBS check which makes it even more baffling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.