Sauces

bluealf

Got a couple of venison steaks for tea, what is the prefered sauce/gravy to compliment them?

Was thinking red wine with a bit of leftover cranberry sauce mixed into the cooking juices with a little bit of stock.

But never done that before either tbh

Got a couple of venison steaks for tea, what is the prefered sauce/gravy to compliment them?

Was thinking red wine with a bit of leftover cranberry sauce mixed into the cooking juices with a little bit of stock.

But never done that before either tbh
Oo venison, now you're talking. I normally just salt and pepper ( a lot) then fry in butter, or ghee if you have it and serve with the juices, no sauce

Salmon today so a homemade white sauce with lots of dill, tarragon, lemon and garlic.

Oo venison, now you're talking. I normally just salt and pepper ( a lot) then fry in butter, or ghee if you have it and serve with the juices, no sauce

3 minutes a side on a highish heat for just under medium done?

I got mine from work, no actual shooting was involved :p

I like a tarragon sauce with pasta dishes
Depends, never used to be a big fan of it until we had a swede/parsnip/carrot puree in a restaurant in Brussels that was heavily seasoned with it, lovely mix, trying to work it into more stuff at home now.

Depends, never used to be a big fan of it until we had a swede/parsnip/carrot puree in a restaurant in Brussels that was heavily seasoned with it, lovely mix, trying to work it into more stuff at home now.

I find you do need a good amount of it to flavour the sauce but it is still a delicate aniseed flavour overall

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.