Saunders to seal Williamson deal

Bluemoon115

Saunders to seal Williamson deal

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/wrexham/7806197.stm

Dean Saunders is poised to make Manchester City youngster Sam Williamson his 12th Wrexham signing when the January transfer window opens.

The 21-year-old has been on loan at the Racecourse since November but is set to sign permanently on a free transfer.
_44937062_wrexham_226.gif

Saunders has also offered contract extensions to Wales Under-21 striker Marc Williams and Andy Fleming.

Defender Williamson, who made one senior team appearance for Manchester City, will sign an 18 month deal.

Rookie striker Williams has been instrumental in Wrexham's revival under Saunders where the North Wales side have lost just once in 12 league games.

The 20-year-old's 11 goals this season have helped the Racecourse club to the verge of the Blue Square Premier play-offs and league clubs have taken note.

"The phones have been ringing for our players," Saunders told the Wrexham Evening Leader.

"I have to think about that but I want to keep players who I think have a future here."

Saunders will meet with Williams' agent this week while midfielder Fleming, whose current deal expires in the summer, has been offered a 12 month extension.

"I have made informal offers to Andy and Marc," confirmed Saunders. "Hopefully we can tie those two up."

Saunders, though, is all set to complete his move for highly-rated Williamson after his old Wales team-mate Mark Hughes, now manager at Manchester City, gave the FA Youth Cup finalist the go-ahead to leave.

Williamson is Saunders' 12th signing since the former Liverpool and Aston Villa striker replaced Brian Little in the Racecourse hotseat in October.

Nooooooooooo! How will we get any info from forevercity now!?

... And, surely he's too good for that level? I know we've only seen him once, but I thought he was pretty decent - possibly not a prem player, but still good enough for Championship?

suprised he even went on loan to that level, what i saw last season he could hold his own at least a couple of divisions higher

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.