Savio

How would you say he is in comparison to Leroy Sane?
I think it's a good comparison. They are similar in how they're quick and elegant in the way they move with the ball.

Sane was probably a touch faster in his heyday and physically stronger, but Savio still has a great burst to travel past defenders or make dangerous runs in behind the full back.

From what I've seen Savio may be more of a team player in his tracking back - demanded by Michel (and Pep) - so would be more adept in that department from the off.

I would also say that Sane may have been a marginally better finisher / goalscorer at the same age. But Savio's vision and passing/crossing is on a higher level, as seen through his assist stats.

Talent wise I think it's close and if Savio and Sane were the same age and on the market, you'd have a very difficult choice to make.

I think it's a good comparison. They are similar in how they're quick and elegant in the way they move with the ball.

Sane was probably a touch faster in his heyday and physically stronger, but Savio still has a great burst to travel past defenders or make dangerous runs in behind the full back.

From what I've seen Savio may be more of a team player in his tracking back - demanded by Michel (and Pep) - so would be more adept in that department from the off.

I would also say that Sane may have been a marginally better finisher / goalscorer at the same age. But Savio's vision and passing/crossing is on a higher level, as seen through his assist stats.

Talent wise I think it's close and if Savio and Sane were the same age and on the market, you'd have a very difficult choice to make.
We used to always worry about the deep block games for Leroy, his game was always focused so heavily on pace, power and space. I think this is where Savio is a little different, he has that in his pocket although the mix of pace and power is more pace and trickery for him - this is why i think he's more of a mix between Sane and Mahrez IMO. The directness of both but they both did it in different ways. But you can see he's very raw, a bit like Doku in that sense and there will be some frustrations early on if he does stay at City.

We used to always worry about the deep block games for Leroy, his game was always focused so heavily on pace, power and space. I think this is where Savio is a little different, he has that in his pocket although the mix of pace and power is more pace and trickery for him - this is why i think he's more of a mix between Sane and Mahrez IMO. The directness of both but they both did it in different ways. But you can see he's very raw, a bit like Doku in that sense and there will be some frustrations early on if he does stay at City.
Was going to say the same thing. Savio reminds me so much of Mahrez with his dribbling and touch but with more pace. Not saying he'll have the career Mahrez had with us when it's all said and done but the kid has some serious talent that Pep can unlock.

Michel Sanchez is a bloody good coach at Girona and said Savio's the best player he's ever coached. So take that for what you will. Wonder if we'd consider reuniting Savio and Michel back together in a couple years if Pep doesn't extend.

Would love to see him in the squad next season, but I think he'll go back to Girona for one more year.

Has a bright future with us either way.
According to the article from the Guardian posted above he can't.To be fair I've never se anything outside of bluemoon posts suggesting he would.

"But Girona will have to show that City do not run the club and there will be no deals between themselves. Savinho, officially owned by fellow CFG club Troyes, has already signed for City; he cannot now return on loan, and it’s unclear what will happen with right-back Couto, who is on City’s books. "

What is the mentioned price we are signing him for ? 40mil ? Then Troyes would have nice cushion to sign better players to get up from Ligue 3.

What is the mentioned price we are signing him for ? 40mil ? Then Troyes would have nice cushion to sign better players to get up from Ligue 3.
We pay that sum and people will complain that we’re underpaying for someone who has excelled in Spain’s top league. We pay substantially more than that sum and people will complain that we’re overpaying for someone from Troyes just so as to inflate a CFG transfer budget. Life is full of complainers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.