Scapuzzi watch?

theperfect10 said:
He had a cracking game against Wolves in the Carling Cup and it looks like his time at Oldham has gone well.

Time to bring him back to the fold for the New Year as he could prove instrumental in opening teams up as the games come thick and fast.

Let's not get too excited. Decent player maybe but nowhere near good enough for a team at the top of the premiership

bluemoondays said:
He's 21 or 22 though isn't he, not really a kid?

20 he is and he has been hampered by injuries like a lot of good players were before they blossomed, which seems to be the reason AC didn't persist with him. He doesn't seem like a goalscoring forward (1 goal in 8 games for Oldham) but a good player who causes a lot of problems for opponents and has good technique and skill.

LoveCity said:
bluemoondays said:
He's 21 or 22 though isn't he, not really a kid?

20 he is and he has been hampered by injuries like a lot of good players were before they blossomed, which seems to be the reason AC didn't persist with him. He doesn't seem like a goalscoring forward (1 goal in 8 games for Oldham) but a good player who causes a lot of problems for opponents and has good technique and skill.
He's more of a wide man than an out and out striker

Oldham fan here.

Been impressed with Scapuzzi. Would love to have him here until the end of the season (I know PD wants to extend the loan) but I have a feeling he will back with you boys long before then.

Very confident on the ball and likes to come looking for it if he feels the ball isn't coming to him. What I also like, is that he isn't so much like some of the other typical young foreign lads of the higher divisions where if on loan in a division or two below, they tend to shy away from the physical aspect of the game as the football is far less technical and thus go missing. He's not afraid to put his foot it, regularly competes in aerial battles and for someone who has had a fair few tough tackles come his away, he simply gets up and gets on with it and isn't afraid to stick the boot in himself.

Looks as though he gets on with the lads very well and he's certainly appreciated by us fans whenever he's subbed off or what have you.

Only downside I would point out is that he has a tendency to keep hold of the ball a little longer than he should. Likes to take a man on (never a bad thing) and show a couple of fake shots here and there but sometimes I wish he would just unleash a bit earlier, whether it be a killer a pass or a shot at goal (especially after his goal at Crewe, it's obvious he has the talent to finish from distance).

All in all, a very tidy player. Certainly not Man City 1st team at the moment but in time, could be.

Just hope RM lets us keep him a little longer.

(On another note, Mancini has hardly played a minute so cannot give any info on him. Although I believe he was simply brought here to keep Luca company)!

OWTB.

Be interesting to how Scapuzzi goes on from here??, wether Mancini has plans for him or anybody else to maybe be that 4th striker or not, we can only wait and see what will happen..........

There seems to be a bit of confusion over Scapuzzi, I dont think we got him from AC as is widely reported i think we got him direct from Portogruaro, and he was let go by Milan in 2009. His record at Portogruaro is hardly inspiring 22 games and no goals in regional league and 7 games and no goals in Serie B. He Looks like he has a fututre in the game but I cant see it being at the top level.

bluefandk said:
Some times players blossom at a late age, lets hope Scapuzzis recent form is a sign that he is a late blossomer.
His recent form is 1 goal in 8 at 3rd division level?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.