Scarface

Worth a watch but vastly overrated, saw it once decades ago and never felt the need to watch it again.

Hoo-Ha!
ZmzlZkC.gif

Already offered this on previous threads, but I think it's overrated and really uneven -- some of the acting is over the top, especially Pacino but also Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio and Michelle Pfieffer, and the script isn't an especially good one. I like Steven Bauer, Robert Loggia and F. Murray Abraham in their roles though, and especially Paul Shenar, who I think is the best actor in the film (he plays Sosa). Granted it hasn't aged especially well, and excess is one of its points, but I just find it too excessive -- too much Drama (with a capital D), too much violence, too much of everything which kind of stretches belief. I still watch it when it comes on sometimes since some of the lines are so classic but I've never really cottoned to Pacino much as an actor for whatever reason. I can see how some people love it, but for fall-from-grace-mobster films I much prefer Goodfellas.

Slightly off topic, but relating to your Goodfellas comment. Read a great article re the Copa scene the other day. Fantastic cinema that

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article...-30-the-making-of-one-of-films-greatest-shots

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.