Scholarship Intake 2024/2025

It could have been 10

Always round about this time of year, I try to hazard a guess as to who will make up the scholarship intake for the coming season. It's mostly made up of snippets about certain players I've picked up from forums, news, u16's used last season in u18 games etc. A lot depends on scholarship forms being offered to these players & the same players accepting them. For example Jamie Bynoe Gittens played for the academy up to U16 level but then decided to go to Dortmund rather than sign scholarship forms. I have put them into 3 groupings. Defenders, Midfielders & Attackers. I might not have them in the correct grouping & may not have forename & surname spelt correctly, but here goes. Defenders - Dante Headley, Charlie Holt, Kaden Braithwaite, Leke Drake, Oliver Tevenon, Jayden Lienou. Midfielders - Tyrese Noubissie, Floyd Samba, Finlay Gorman, Seth Chingwaro Attackers - Timeo Whisker, Reigan Heskey, Kylan Midwood & the lad they are on the verge of signing from Chelsea. Think his surname is McAidoo. Don't know of any goalies which is why I've not included them. If anybody knows of any names I have missed, please feel free to add them.

Thanks for posting this thread as this is an area I follow quite closely, being someone who used to watch the old A and B teams back in the nineties at Platt Lane. For those interested in who maybe coming through, you should do a search on man city u16 squad and then look for a site called Transfermarkt. On here you will find 19 names which is not totally up to date. Towards the bottom you will see David Chigwada who we got from Blackburn but has now signed for West Ham. I believe the intake will look like this based on this site and after catching up on the forums and relevant twitter accounts:

Goalkeepers: Oliver Whatmuff and Max Hudson
Both played at the recent Euro u17 champs for England and Wales and were impressive and for once with City, they looked a decent size. I thought they were both better than the lad we got from Wimbledon - Spike Brits who also played for England and was poor for me.
Defenders: Leke Drake (CB), Kaden Braithwaite(CB), Dante Headley (RB), Oliver Tevenan (LB) and
Jayden Lienou (LB) who we recently acquired from Everton.
Midfielders: Seth Chingwaro, Tyrone Samba, Tyrese Noubissie (from Leicester) possible - due to age, Arron Reid? and Timeo Whisker (from Cardiff)
Forwards: Reigan Heskey, Kylan Midwood (from Sheffield Utd), Ryan Mcaidoo (from Chelsea - if confirmed)

I believe the above names could be the majority of the intake but,as ever, there could be some surprises and I have also seen a couple of names from watching u16 games on YT.

I have not seen alot of these lads play but it seems a pretty strong line-up of talent.

My honest opinion is I would like to see our academy sign and bring through more home grown and less proven players from other clubs.

Thanks for posting this thread as this is an area I follow quite closely, being someone who used to watch the old A and B teams back in the nineties at Platt Lane. For those interested in who maybe coming through, you should do a search on man city u16 squad and then look for a site called Transfermarkt. On here you will find 19 names which is not totally up to date. Towards the bottom you will see David Chigwada who we got from Blackburn but has now signed for West Ham. I believe the intake will look like this based on this site and after catching up on the forums and relevant twitter accounts:

Goalkeepers: Oliver Whatmuff and Max Hudson
Both played at the recent Euro u17 champs for England and Wales and were impressive and for once with City, they looked a decent size. I thought they were both better than the lad we got from Wimbledon - Spike Brits who also played for England and was poor for me.
Defenders: Leke Drake (CB), Kaden Braithwaite(CB), Dante Headley (RB), Oliver Tevenan (LB) and
Jayden Lienou (LB) who we recently acquired from Everton.
Midfielders: Seth Chingwaro, Tyrone Samba, Tyrese Noubissie (from Leicester) possible - due to age, Arron Reid? and Timeo Whisker (from Cardiff)
Forwards: Reigan Heskey, Kylan Midwood (from Sheffield Utd), Ryan Mcaidoo (from Chelsea - if confirmed)

I believe the above names could be the majority of the intake but,as ever, there could be some surprises and I have also seen a couple of names from watching u16 games on YT.

I have not seen alot of these lads play but it seems a pretty strong line-up of talent.

My honest opinion is I would like to see our academy sign and bring through more home grown and less proven players from other clubs.
Thanks for the extra info. I've always followed the youth teams going back to the old A & B teams. Some I had hopes for never came through. There was one youth side which I thought would go on and win the FA Youth Cup & produce a few players for the 1st team. But sadly none did & they didn't even win the FA Youth Cup. It contained players like George McBeth, Denis Leman, Paul Smith, Glen Berry, John Gannon & others. I seem to recall they were also highly rated by the club at the time. I could be wrong about none coming through. It's possible Ged Keegan & Kenny Clements were part of that side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.