Scholarship Intake 2024/2025

Thanks for posting this thread as this is an area I follow quite closely, being someone who used to watch the old A and B teams back in the nineties at Platt Lane. For those interested in who maybe coming through, you should do a search on man city u16 squad and then look for a site called Transfermarkt. On here you will find 19 names which is not totally up to date. Towards the bottom you will see David Chigwada who we got from Blackburn but has now signed for West Ham. I believe the intake will look like this based on this site and after catching up on the forums and relevant twitter accounts:

Goalkeepers: Oliver Whatmuff and Max Hudson
Both played at the recent Euro u17 champs for England and Wales and were impressive and for once with City, they looked a decent size. I thought they were both better than the lad we got from Wimbledon - Spike Brits who also played for England and was poor for me.
Defenders: Leke Drake (CB), Kaden Braithwaite(CB), Dante Headley (RB), Oliver Tevenan (LB) and
Jayden Lienou (LB) who we recently acquired from Everton.
Midfielders: Seth Chingwaro, Tyrone Samba, Tyrese Noubissie (from Leicester) possible - due to age, Arron Reid? and Timeo Whisker (from Cardiff)
Forwards: Reigan Heskey, Kylan Midwood (from Sheffield Utd), Ryan Mcaidoo (from Chelsea - if confirmed)

I believe the above names could be the majority of the intake but,as ever, there could be some surprises and I have also seen a couple of names from watching u16 games on YT.

I have not seen alot of these lads play but it seems a pretty strong line-up of talent.

My honest opinion is I would like to see our academy sign and bring through more home grown and less proven players from other clubs.
The Transfermarkt site isn't particularly up to date on the youth sides even up to U21 so I wouldn't put too much faith in it.

Your last sentence doesn't make any sense to me at least? Are you talking about bringing them through to the first team as home grown? Any who do make it with us are almost guaranteed to be homegrown as they all tend to have been there for awhile. Any player who does join us at a slighter older age are there because they're good enough to join the ones already there. We don't do this 'polishing a diamond' crap that the rags used to at least, where the other 10 players are there just to make up the numbers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.