Scholes is/was the best player in the world

CTID1988

...according to these U*ited fans at work. I cannot believe my ears. When i "politely" disagreed with them, i get an email off one ten minutes later full of quotes from other players and pundits saying how great he is....what!!
I cannot honestly believe i am hearing "Number one Scholes, Number two Zidane..." Insane

Scholes was a phenomenally good player who never got his rating in world football because he wasn't loud and wasn't part of any major transfer deal. There was a time where £50m for Scholes was a bargain. Just one of the most complete players ever to play the game.

Also a twat though.

He was a fucking good player, the complete midfielder.

"Best in the world" is a daft concept because you can't compare apples with pears. What I do know is that many many top pros descrived him as the best they ever played with, or against.

If you think he was average you know nothing about football. I know that's harsh but in this case it's justified.

Not complete because he couldn't tackle from the start and ended his career unable to do so, but apart from that, held in the very highest esteem in every other aspect of his game by all his peers. Got to give him some respect.

mancunial said:
is that why they offered scholes plus cash kinkladze? ask them that?

Is this true!? Not questioning you mate but have you got any proof? Would love to ram it in there face. Cheers

Damocles said:
Scholes was a phenomenally good player who never got his rating in world football because he wasn't loud and wasn't part of any major transfer deal. There was a time where £50m for Scholes was a bargain. Just one of the most complete players ever to play the game.

Also a twat though.

Was he the best player in the world? No.

That's what this Lad was saying. It's only right that we all disagree with him because we can.

I think it was Zidane who once said the player he wished he could have played alongside was Scholes.
Scholes was a superb player and in his prime he would definitely have to be mentioned alongside the best in the world.
We can all wear blue goggles and pretend he was 'average', but that would just make us look like we don't really know what we're talking about.
2 players I wished we could have now, in our team but when they were in their prime. Scholes and Giggs. Giggs is obviously tarnished now so can't include him when I say 'ultimate professional', but that is certainly what Scholes was, off the field as well as on it. He couldn't tackle, no, but that wasn't his job.
Top drawer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.