Scott Parker made England Captain

Quinny85

Scott Parker is England Captain

As the title suggests

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17204891" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17204891</a>

Scott Parker to captain England against the Netherlands

Tottenham midfielder Scott Parker will captain England in their friendly against the Netherlands at Wembley on Wednesday, BBC Sport understands.

More to follow.

Well doesn't this just completely sum up everything about the state of English football? Parker who has only earnt 10 England caps in his entire career and at the tender age of 31 has been given the captaincy.

Not exactly one for the future is he? God I fucking hate everything to do with the national team!

Re: Scott Parker is the England Captain

Yes goes around kicking everything in site and because he is English it is called passion. Gets caught by Balotelli and acts as if he has been shot and the obnoxious foreigner gets a four match ban.

The tackle that earned him his second yellow card against Arsenal was far worse than anything that Balotelli, Kompany and Barry have done this season.

Pearce as full time England manager (assisted by Beanie) - do not make me laugh.

Hopefully this means that Gaz Baz won't be playing. One would think that he'd be the captain with his experience if he was set to play.

Preferred in the side to Barry because he's a less able player. Let me explain...

A ball is played to the opposition player in the middle of the park. Ickle Scotty P runs and runs and runs and makes a challenge, maybe a bad one to ern a card, but it's OK, because he's showing passion for the lions to stop the nasty foreigners.

Now if this was Barry...

A ball is played to the opposition player in the middle of the park. Barry intercepts. Lazy ****.

There was a time in our recent past when if we had bought Scott Parker I would have been delighted, a tenacious tackler, can pass the ball ok and he's all heart and scores the odd goal from midfield. A great buy for an average to good Premiership team. And that about sums him up and he'd have been a perfect fit for a City team of the past.

However having had the chance to view real genuine talent for the past 12 months, week in week out it somehow puts the Scotty Parker type players into perspective. They're really not 'All That' when it comes to the big stage. I don't mean this as a critiscism of him because he's talented enough to play at a certain level and he's reached that and good luck to him. It's no wonder we never win the major tournaments though because we seem to love these type of players and put them up on a pedestal whilst the genuine talents we're more inclined to leave them out of the squad or put on the bench, subdue their natural talent whilst asking them to defend more, track back more and get stuck in more.

Captain of the national team do me a fucking favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.