Scottish drink driving

dick slexia

Anybody know the answer to this?
Im up working in Scotland till Christmas and the drink driving limit has just been reduced below the English drink driving limit. If I theoretically have a drink while Im here and drive and get stopped and fail the Scottish breathe test but would pass an English breathe test would I only get banned in Scotland but can still drive in England?
I tried to ask a Scottish policeman telling him I wasn't planning to drink and drive but wanted to know but like a sarcastic pharmacist he told me and I quote " if your not planning to drink and drive why do you need to know that" I guess he didn't know the answer anyway.

dick slexia said:
Im up working in Scotland till Christmas and the drink driving limit has just been reduced below the English drink driving limit. If I theoretically have a drink while Im here and drive and get stopped and fail the Scottish breathe test but would pass an English breathe test would I only get banned in Scotland but can still drive in England?
I tried to ask a Scottish policeman telling him I wasn't planning to drink and drive but wanted to know but like a sarcastic pharmacist he told me and I quote " if your not planning to drink and drive why do you need to know that" I guess he didn't know the answer anyway.
no your banned in the UK prob worldwide as your licence has been withdrawn
think a pint and your boarderline mate, if i was up there i wouldnt have a drop, always have one or two at city between 10am and 5pm if its if its a 3pm KO and never a problem

marco said:
dick slexia said:
no your banned in the UK prob worldwide as your licence has been withdrawn
think a pint and your boarderline mate, if i was up there i wouldnt have a drop, always have one or two at city between 10am and 5pm if its if its a 3pm KO and never a problem

Yeah cheers mate Im not going to risk it, Im working and staying in Livingston and was going to drive to Glasgow to watch the game in a sports bar but I guess I will get the train or bus. Not much round here where I can watch the match

does it say uk citizen on passport?
How can they enforce this new law ?

tom said:
Was wondering how it can be enforced myself and is it fair when you can be over the limit in Scotland whilst for the same amount you are under the limit in England yet you get banned from driving in England. Wierd

dick slexia said:

If a UK court of competent jurisdiction bans you from driving, you're banned full stop.

You can't drive in England if you're banned in Scotland.

dick slexia said:
tom said:
Was wondering how it can be enforced myself and is it fair when you can be over the limit in Scotland whilst for the same amount you are under the limit in England yet you get banned from driving in England. Wierd

Not really. If you're over the limit in Scotland, don't drive in Scotland. If you're in England, don't worry about the limit that applies in Scotland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.