Season Review dvd

Well, let’s be Frank... this DVD is an afterthought and overpriced!

1. It’s not available in Blu-ray/HD, in 2018 (after a little search on Amazon, United have been selling them on Blu-ray for three years and Chelsea for two years. why not us?)

2. Nothing against the woman, she’s always seemed lovely on CityTV but after about fifteen minutes I’d had enough of her voice/accent... give us a Mancunian for god’s sake, how hard can it be?

3. We were being told what happens before it happened. Why? Just let the scores and times of goals in the games unfold as we watch them. Yes, we know what happens but that’s not the point.

4. We just about get to see the ball hit the net. But some of the goals we scored last season started back in our own half and we don’t get to see any of the build up of them. It’s just Sky’s 100 Club thrown on a DVD with a different narrator. They could have maybe done a second disc with the top 25 goals on or something so you can see how the goals were created.

5. Where do they find the music they put on these DVDs and the CityTV videos?

6. There’s a goal missing.

In the club’s greatest ever season, they threw this together in the bargain bin section. It really is as average as it gets. Which puzzles me, you’d think they’d want to celebrate our greatest ever season to the hilt. They have annoyed me with the total lack of “Centurions” marketing. It’s like they’re embarrassed about it. I searched the online City store a few weeks back and there was ONE thing about the Centurions (a book) and thirteen things about the very shit gimmick of Shark Team. Where’s all the Centurions stuff? Do you reckon Arsenal sold one item marking their Invincibles season? Do you reckon all they did was some book but had thirteen “WHATSAAAAAP?!” t-shirts and mugs from the Henry celebration against the Rags? (Yes, I know that was a different season.)

Well done to Sky Sports, makes you really appreciate what they did at the end of the season. They put us on the Premier League 100 Club (usually just for players who score 100+), they did a MNF hour long special interview with Pep and they made more of the “Centurions” than the club did and the Centurions programme they did was excellent!

Bloody hell - I wish I had your worries in life.

Was a season review DVD really necessary after the All or Nothing documentary? The cinematography and insight on that beats any compilation of highlights, interviews etc over the course of the season hand down.

The DVD is no longer available to buy on either the City store website or Amazon. Maybe it's going to be redone more professionally and re-released. Here's hoping anyway.

Looking for this dvd for my son for Christmas, sold out everywhere!
Anyone willing to sell me one?
Please!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.