Season ticket holders not attending last night

I'm a sc holder and purposely avoid the cl now.
I'm no longer in the cl cup scheme, although I am in the fa cup and league cup schemes.

I just don't like the tourist atmosphere, find it too expensive.

I was however in the Europa league schemes and went to away matches in the seasons we were in this competition as it was much more entertaining.... Let's all do the poznan ;)

dobobobo said:
BlueTG said:
Maybe seasoncard holders who weren't signed up to the cup scheme bought tickets elsewhere in the stadium?

Exactly.

Doubt it. I would imagine people don't go for many reasons, cost being the main one.

I know 4 lads who haven't been to any cup games this season but go to every prem game. Midweek matches don't appeal to everyone and some people work and don't want to take time off.

As long as it's full, I really don't care who is sat in the seats. The three next to me had little interest in the game as received complimentarys. Against Bayern, we had two rags next to us who spent half the game waving at Scholes in the TV box.

Compulsive Rambler said:
I'm a sc holder and purposely avoid the cl now.
I'm no longer in the cl cup scheme, although I am in the fa cup and league cup schemes.

I just don't like the tourist atmosphere, find it too expensive.

I was however in the Europa league schemes and went to away matches in the seasons we were in this competition as it was much more entertaining.... Let's all do the poznan ;)

This. Just don't enjoy the CL as much as I should. I prefer League, LC and FA Cup games. The CL is massively rammed up by the media for obvious reasons and whilst it's nice to watch some of the best teams I think the whole thing is a bit over-rated and expensive. It's about global appeal. The whole competition doesn't really care much for the actual fans, as long as 1 billion are watching on TV. It's all about sponsorship and eyes on screens, feeding UEFA's ego. They tell you it's 'the best club competition on the planet', but is it really? I enjoyed watching Bradford v Chelsea more than any CL game I can recall in the last 5 years. The prem is going the same way. Would I like to win it? Obviously, but I took as much enjoyment watching us beat Sunderland at Wembley last year as Yaya's winner v Stoke or the title last season (the QPR game being in a different bracket for obvious reasons). Maybe I'm just easy to please.

I go to watch all the big teams just to see some of the big players. Went to the home against Bayern , Madrid, Roma, Dortumund etc over the years. I went to Barca at home last season, but not too bothered about forking out £100 (including travel, food, ticket etc) to see the exact same fixture 12 months later. 4 hours travel down, overnight stay or another 4 hours back, having done it at the weekend? No thanks.

Think given how consistently similar our draws have been something should be done to add variety to who you play (i.e. if we drew Barca last season in the last 16 we shouldn't be allowed to draw them again in the same round in the next year. Same should apply for the group stages. Just de-draw the tie. It's not rocket science). I'm sick of playing Bayern and Barca not just for results reasons. It'd certainly liven up the competition. Would I have done a 8 hour trip to watch us play Athletico. Probably.

The whole format and appeal is flawed for me. It's just my opinion, but until something changes I don't see me

Family stand block 240
Im never able to book my own seat online for cup games, i usually book as soon as my loyalty points allow me. Yet my seat is always booked and unavailable. When i get to the games its always a non regular watcher in my seat. So assuming they are open sale supporters, how are they getting my seat before the open sale date kicks in?? Go figure?... family stand was proabably half full of non regulars judging by my block. And i had the very bizarre experience of listening to a large group of people on the tram who had just left the ground discussing how it was great to see barca play, yet would of liked to see "manchester city" win.... what the fekk?? It cant be good if we are selling tickets to neutrals!!

Eccles Blue said:
And once again poor old season card holders feel they have to justify why they didn't attend a match..................... why should anyone have to defend their unalienable right to buy or not buy a ticket for a football match??? I was there, because I wanted to be and could afford it, others weren't , so what??

Is the correct answer.Well said that lady.

Slightly off topic, but when morons like this have access to tickets when many genuine fans don't; I can understand their frustrations.
tinypic.com
tinypic.com

oakiecokie said:
upnorthblue4 said:
Slightly off topic, but when morons like this have access to tickets when many genuine fans don't; I can understand their frustrations.
tinypic.com
tinypic.com

It appears that "tinypic" aint working mate.

<a class="postlink" href="http://i58.tinypic.com/1ibu3c.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i58.tinypic.com/1ibu3c.jpg</a>"%20border="0"%20alt="Image%20and%20video%20hosting%20by%20TinyPic

<a class="postlink" href="http://i62.tinypic.com/6enm86.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i62.tinypic.com/6enm86.jpg</a>"%20border="0"%20alt="Image%20and%20video%20hosting%20by%20TinyPic

try copy and pasting them two links directly into your url. If no luck its just an imagine of a tourist who uploaded a picture to instagram inside the etihad last night in the city end. Then 13 week down the line has uploaded a picture of a rag ticket with the caption "KEEP WIN UNITED"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.