Season Tickets - 2024/25

It's morally bankrupt that the club have built a system where the only official way of selling your ticket is to use their exchange, where the club doubles the ticket price and pockets the difference, profiteering from the same ticket twice, once at a massively inflated price.

They are running their own secondary market.

If you support this practice then you're a fucking idiot.

I try and sell my ticket on here when I can if I can't make a game but it's obviously a bit of a faff and there's risk involved. The club know this and exploit their "convenient" closed exchange system.
After that pathetic rant I would say there is only one idiot...

Probably of no relevance to this thread whatsoever.

I went into John Lewis in the Trafford Centre last Thursday. It was absolutely dead. Empty. I asked the cashier why it was so quiet. Everyone is skint. Everyone is watching their money. There’s a cost of living crisis and it’s hitting people and us(John Lewis) hard. We pray for rain, hoping it will bring people into the store. I left John Lewis with a camera lens that had been reduced in price.

I went into John Lewis in the Trafford Centre last Thursday. It was absolutely dead. Empty. I asked the cashier why it was so quiet. Everyone is skint. Everyone is watching their money. There’s a cost of living crisis and it’s hitting people and us(John Lewis) hard. We pray for rain, hoping it will bring people into the store. I left John Lewis with a camera lens that had been reduced in price.

Go there on a Saturday afternoon as I had to the other week for a kids birthday party and you’ll not see much sign of a recession. Fucking nightmare it was that packed.

Save your breath mate. Him and centurion always spring up when this topic comes up, their views are in the minority, so just let them think what they want, no point arguing with them.
No point arguing because you are wrong. If he picks and chooses his games, then moans that City sold it to someone else, he's barking mad.

I purposely shop midweek to avoid queues as they drive me mad. I find people seem to lose all sense of perspective when they go shopping. Supermarkets particularly.

Local pubs round here are struggling. I assume people just can’t afford to go for a drink these days as I see cases of beer in trolleys in Asda.

It's morally bankrupt that the club have built a system where the only official way of selling your ticket is to use their exchange, where the club doubles the ticket price and pockets the difference, profiteering from the same ticket twice, once at a massively inflated price.

They are running their own secondary market.

If you support this practice then you're a fucking idiot.

I try and sell my ticket on here when I can if I can't make a game but it's obviously a bit of a faff and there's risk involved. The club know this and exploit their "convenient" closed exchange system.
I have some sympathy for what you're saying but don't fully agree.

You ultimately received the ticket at a reduced price as part of a season ticket deal and when you sell it back to the club, you get back what it has cost you (1/19th of the season ticket price). Therefore the club aren't profiting twice as they have returned your money to you.

When you release the ticket back to the club, it is no longer part of the reduced rate season ticket deal and is now nothing more than a match day ticket, thus it can be sold at normal match day ticket rates. If the club can't sell it, they are out of pocket. If they can, they have made a profit for their risk of taking it on at late notice and finding a buyer.

Seems fair enough to me. Match day tickets are IMO a bit overpriced but that is a different issue.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.