Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

I'm not a financial advisor but I would advise people to stick the same money as this years season ticket price in a high interest savings account. In 12 months time you'll have made 5% and can cover next season. Easy for those that can!

As long we have PSR rules and the PL and The FA is restricting what sponsors you can have and how many you can have, prices will continue to rise.
More so now there’s the threat of points deduction.
Just wait till the independent regulator comes in and starts handing out the PL clubs money to the lower leagues.
Someone is going to be taking part of that hit.
Me and you.
If the PL really wanted to do something useful they should be tackling the rising tickets prices.
‘For the good of the game’ but not the fans it seems.
Long as they’re getting their egg from the golden goose they don’t give a shit about certain clubs and care even less about the match going fans.

Mines gone up too btw : )

Proper wind up merchant aren’t you. That would be the same London which has London wages no? also I’m pretty sure they have kicked off.

Your missing the mark no one’s asking for a freebie this year more than any everyone understands costs have gone up but what’s the reasoning the previous 8 years?

40,000 x £60 is 2.4 million. What’s that three players wages the point is it makes minimal difference to the club and has minimal impact on the operations of the club.

But for let’s say 1500 blues it could be the tipping point is it worth it when they cry to “improve the atmosphere” will just replace them with first timers paying £250 per game
Without getting into the pricing thing,London wages is for the majority a myth and for most working people in London the difference in wages doesn't get near to making up the cost of rents or buying a home.So London clubs are pricing out far more fans than City.

Exactly, if you're skint going to watch City is low priority

People here have been going to City their whole lives.

Being priced out of watching the club they love could have just as much impact on their mental health as not having money in general.

If you're happy with such fans being priced in favour of more casual fans and day trippers then I would hope you never once comment on our atmosphere, which like most clubs, has been in decline for years thanks to an evolving makeup linked primarily to the rising cost of football.

Don't be a sucker.

I try and take a practical point of view.
The club made 713 million last year (a record) they made an operating loss of 35 million (also a record) which turned into an 80 million profit following player sales. The club are blowing 300 million on a stadium upgrade, I doubt our owner will be funding all that out of his back pocket as an equity injection. Its probably likely to be nearer 400 million too, by the time it's finished considering the perpetual rise in costs of construction.

Inflation means costs go up, especially energy prices. I wouldn't like our leccy bill for the stadium and campus. So I accept small incremental rises at inflation rate to maintain current income levels.

Last year If I'd been offered a guarentee that City lift all 5 trophys for an extra £2 per home game, I'd have bitten your arm off.

I do feel sorry for those whose income cannot sustain the cost any longer. Like everyone else my pockets too have a bottom. As a singly, my mortgage has doubled, my domestic fuel bills have doubled, I have to eat and food bills have gone up 50%. I have to find another £600 a month from same time last year. My wages have gone up by £200. I can't afford to eat out anymore. I can't go on holiday, i rarely go out to the pub since COVID, last time i did i spent 100 on beer and taxis and I can't afford that. So I have to have something, my something is City.

I have a limit, if the price goes past that my 1st thought would be go to cheaper seats. I'm in SSL and if I have to go to SS3, if available to swap, I would. If those price variances end or catch up, I'll be gone.

I'm sure there'll be a queue to jump in my seat. I'm not so sure the doom mongers on the clubs status once Pep leaves is quite right. Its a tall order to be as successful as Pep but as a club we are in a fantastic position, as long as that is not squandered, I think with Khaldoun we are in safe hands.

Now about that extra £2 a game for this year....

Lots of clubs put their season tickets up, I'm not saying it's right but that's how it is, we're the best team in the world so why WOULDN'T City raise prices, we are also a business, and because of ffp we have to fund our purchase of players etc through any way necessary.
Everything has gone through the roof in this country and unfortunately that's how it is at the moment.
We've just announced record profits and in the 20/21 season behind closed doors we made more money than the 19/20 season. What's the need for them to put prices up? As you say, people are struggling because everything has gone through the roof in terms of cost. So why aren't the richest club in the world helping their fans out a bit by lowering prices, since our own balance sheets and annual financial reports prove that match ticket revenue isn't important. It's because they want tourists in the ground over proper fans and if that doesn't make you even the littlest bit angry then I don't really know what to say to you. The fact that you're coming into this thread, where people are airing legitimate grievances, with flippant remarks and little jokes just makes you look like a twat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.