Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

If you add up home games, away games, cup games, an expanded CL next season, Wembley, increased food, drink, travel, transport, etc prices over a season, watching football Is a lot more expensive than it used to be, even taking wage rises into consideration. That doesn't include the cost of living increases across the board. If most City fans could get an away ticket they would go away as well.

Most people don't go to a restaurant, a theatre, a night club, or out on the beer every week or every two weeks. Sometimes there are 3 matches in a week. And 2 matches a week on a regular basis.

Unfortunately it's life, if you can't afford something you have to drop it and pick and choose your games as a member.
Exactly he's talking out of his arse.

Sorry, but there's nothing horrible or smug in their post, it's just reality. People have been struggling for 3 or 4 years with keeping their houses warm and lit, going to a football match is a pure luxury.
Thank you, its reality, we all decide where we spend our money or not.

Look back in this thread as there is a poster who has been told by the club that you have to be 66 on August 1st to get the over 65 discount. That's not what it says on the official site and not what happened to me five years ago but it's worth bearing in mind.
Well, what that earlier poster stated is definitely incorrect about having to be 66 on August 1. I turned 65 this month and a 50% discount has been applied to my seasoncard cost for 2024/25.

I treat it like the trains. You're getting a 5% increase every season now no matter what.

I can afford the increase because I can afford a season card full stop, but I wish we pushed back on things like children's prices, cup game prices, and making discounted tickets available for people once or twice a season genuinely priced out.

I got my renewal notice through this morning. Mine drops next season as I will be 65 in the summer so reach foc status.

Have the club offered any rationale for season ticket price increases? I've not seen anything. From what I've read in this thread prices seem to have risen between circa 4% and circa 10%. Again not clear why there are different percentage increases being applued

Look back in this thread as there is a poster who has been told by the club that you have to be 66 on August 1st to get the over 65 discount. That's not what it says on the official site and not what happened to me five years ago but it's worth bearing in mind.
The rule is Your age on August 1st
65 you get the discount

Birthday August 2nd you dont get the discount
However you should get the discount on any cup tickets

Your age on 1st August in the renewal year determines which of the categories below applies to you:

• Junior (18 years and under)
  • 18-21 years
  • Adult (22 -64 years)
  • Senior’s (65 years and over)
  • Disabled
Please note: On your birthday, should your age take you into a different price category (age band), for home Cup games and Away games, the price you pay will depend on your age at the time the game takes place. So, for example, a Junior who turns 18 during the season will pay the published price in the next category up (18-21 years).

The yearly increases are annoying and I genuinely feel for those that cannot afford it but I do feel it represents reasonable value for money compared to what other clubs charge and the increased costs of leisure/entertainment generally.
I saw a middling pop punk band at the academy 2 on Friday and it was £30 and change once you'd paid fees. I don't think people fully appreciate how expensive Manchester's """""night time economy"""" is at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.