Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

The club staff lie as standard

but the supporters forums are too timid lack independent thought, skill or emotional literacy to understand they are just useful idiots
A few years back spent a hour with Danny Wilson and Omar explaining why fiddling elections to city matters and generally allowing staff to mislead and lie to supporters was wrong Omar's reply was so what difference would bring truthful make ?
We should demand better they just don't get it
Rags are welcome to have him. Cnut.

The last year Stoke were in the prem was the last year they didn't increase prices.
I can't say I know either way. If I'm being honest I was only referencing them as an earlier post has said they hadn't increased prices for a long time and they only got relegated 5 years ago. Either way, there are plenty of clubs over the last 10 years who haven't chosen to freeze prices at certain times.

It was quite easy to work out the average ticket category price increase. How many seats are in each area can be worked out but they are not a Season Ticket holder, and next season some won't renew and some will move blocks, so the club doesn't have exact figures nor share any accurate data. 60% of away allocations to points for example, when 1,000 show on the first window of sale for MU away for example.

Jesus, what’s hard not to see!! There are blues who are feeling the pinch and got gobshites having a go. Move seats, get a flexi ticket. Look at the bigger picture ffs. The club is bloody minted, no need for them to be sucking every last penny out of everyone ffs. £50 for platinum, £35 just to be a member, the whole of the prem clubs are in it together and are taking the piss out of fans.

I agree, but have long known that our turnover tends to get broken down into commercial, broadcast and match day and that the club are looking to maximise all 3.

I imagine various meetings on how we can maximise match day revenue considering we are probably around 5th or 6th in the prem on this but top on the other 2.

I think the fact blues are feeling the pinch as long as someone else will take them, the club won’t care.

However, I have always agreed with Vinny on this one. That a loud, vocal fan base can be a competitive advantage to a team.

Get the team going on match days
Put off the opposition
Have players wanting to join
Players wanting to stay etc.

This can make a financial difference if it provides a sporting advantage.

We don’t want to price our hard core fans out or the next generation of local fans. We don’t need people to be rich, we need it to be affordable.

This is just my view, but I genuinely believe there is something in it.

However, I’m guessing most moan etc. but few give up they just cut their cloth elsewhere, due to the fact we are watching greatness.

Not always going to be the case.

Heavily disagree with the business case here. It's not as simple as rises = more revenue.

There's 3 major points in play.

1. Maybe an extra few percentage points will not affect the attendances of "ageing fans" who are most likely financially settled later in life. It does however effect the attendances of younger fans, who are the next generation of fans and it prices them out of the market during a cost of living crisis. That is trading the future of the club for the present and is irresponsible in terms of long term growth. There's hundreds of famous companies who have fallen into the "revenue at all costs" trap and ended up selling themselves out of existence, Time Warner/AOL probably most famously.

2. The reason that every advertiser, marketeer and media creator wishes to attract the 18-35 demographic is because brand loyalty created at this age of lasts a lifetime, and ensures that as their finances grow then you can take advantage of this in terms of commercial revenue. Sponsors are interested in creating that loyalty and positive image because an 18 year old might not be flying on Etihad flights now, but there's a good chance that they will in several years time as they've moved onwards financially. It's the reason why banks fall over themselves to give accounts to students.

3. One of the major attractions of a live football match is being part of an atmosphere and making the stadium a "destination". Ageing fans tend not to be the people who create the raucous atmosphere, that's the people that we're pricing out. The club wish to have this great atmosphere that they can help market themselves globally based upon, look at their socials for a few days after a good atmosphere, they cannot stop showing clips. Because it generates a buzz, an excitement, an attraction for people to "live their dream" and visit the Etihad and be part of that. Having a crowd of 40+ year olds sat on their hands is not appealing to the TikTok generation who we are competing against with Bayern, Real, Barca, Liverpool, United, etc for future revenue

It's a short sighted, bad faith and ultimately self defeating move that is going to sour relationships between the club and its most important fans. There's a reason all channels added fake crowd noise during Covid, that noise has a financial value.
I’m not sure Soriano’s lifestyle has anything to do with anything.

I think we should offer huge discounts to under 30s and pay for this by stopping discounting over 65s.

Gotta do something to change the demographic
I did mention the pressing need to change the demographic of our core match going fanbase in my original post on the subject.

Many people who lob into the debate the specious argument that droves of fans will desert the club when this cycle of success ends ignore the fact that many of the legacy supporters who are not tarred with the same disloyalty brush won’t be attending games then either because they’ll be too old or worse. On that basis I agree with you that rather than trying to appease the legacy fans we should be trying to get the youngsters on board.

Heavily disagree with the business case here. It's not as simple as rises = more revenue.

There's 3 major points in play.

1. Maybe an extra few percentage points will not affect the attendances of "ageing fans" who are most likely financially settled later in life. It does however effect the attendances of younger fans, who are the next generation of fans and it prices them out of the market during a cost of living crisis. That is trading the future of the club for the present and is irresponsible in terms of long term growth. There's hundreds of famous companies who have fallen into the "revenue at all costs" trap and ended up selling themselves out of existence, Time Warner/AOL probably most famously.

2. The reason that every advertiser, marketeer and media creator wishes to attract the 18-35 demographic is because brand loyalty created at this age of lasts a lifetime, and ensures that as their finances grow then you can take advantage of this in terms of commercial revenue. Sponsors are interested in creating that loyalty and positive image because an 18 year old might not be flying on Etihad flights now, but there's a good chance that they will in several years time as they've moved onwards financially. It's the reason why banks fall over themselves to give accounts to students.

3. One of the major attractions of a live football match is being part of an atmosphere and making the stadium a "destination". Ageing fans tend not to be the people who create the raucous atmosphere, that's the people that we're pricing out. The club wish to have this great atmosphere that they can help market themselves globally based upon, look at their socials for a few days after a good atmosphere, they cannot stop showing clips. Because it generates a buzz, an excitement, an attraction for people to "live their dream" and visit the Etihad and be part of that. Having a crowd of 40+ year olds sat on their hands is not appealing to the TikTok generation who we are competing against with Bayern, Real, Barca, Liverpool, United, etc for future revenue

It's a short sighted, bad faith and ultimately self defeating move that is going to sour relationships between the club and its most important fans. There's a reason all channels added fake crowd noise during Covid, that noise has a financial value.
Only this. Soriano needs to decide what he wants. A noisy, vibrant atmosphere to support the team. Or an extra 10 million revenue. He can't have both no matter how much he wishes it to be true.

Imo and, I suspect, Guardiola's the former is worth more than 10 million.

I wonder if Khaldoon and Mansour know how much the local fan base is being alienated. Maybe the words at the takeover were just words, after all. I thought they had more about them than that, tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.