Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

I know that Alex from city matters said the club told them of the price increase last week and CM objected.

However, and maybe as a suggestion for future years, could this objecting have been done more proactively in earlier meetings and them tell the club in advance of decisions being made that there shouldn't be a price increase instead of when the decision has already been made?

I don't know what that objection consists of? They'll be aware that the rises are not going to be popular, but I don't think they meet up often enough for the club to care. A bit of grumbling in a meeting once a year about it isn't going to make any difference whatsoever.

Brilliant for them, now get a paper round or do a Saturday job and see how many tickets they can afford now, plus go with their mates, not all can afford it. I’m just suppose a romantic when groups of us could just go to a game for a few quid, those days have long gone and unfortunately many will never experience it.
I was just making the point that we have all had to think about the ‘next generation’ if we had kids. It wasn’t very ‘romantic’ bringing 4 kids up on my own and I was also upset that I couldn’t give my kids what a lot of their friends were having. But I didn’t whine about it I cut my coat according to my cloth.
I’m sorry if I had a different opinion to you but just because I can afford a season card now doesn’t mean I always could and I probably couldn’t if I didn’t get the OAP discount but I’m sure not giving it up!
Pardon me for breathing.

I was just making the point that we have all had to think about the ‘next generation’ if we had kids. It wasn’t very ‘romantic’ bringing 4 kids up on my own and I was also upset that I couldn’t give my kids what a lot of their friends were having. But I didn’t whine about it I cut my coat according to my cloth.
I’m sorry if I had a different opinion to you but just because I can afford a season card now doesn’t mean I always could and I probably couldn’t if I didn’t get the OAP discount but I’m sure not giving it up!
Pardon me for breathing.
Well said Eccles Blue.

Pardon me for breathing.
Most people nowadays don't understand the absolute poverty of previous generations rather than the relative poverty of today. My Mum brought me and my sister up on her own after my brutal father cleared off and we had literally nothing.

You have no reason to explain yourself as you have been a rock for your children.

We are not a club as such anymore we are a business our owners don’t care if a 5% hike effects any individual their only interest is to make as much money as possible just like any other business. I’m sure 99.9% will carry on paying for their season tickets as normal and unfortunately so does the hierarchy this will continue every season now it’s called being successful and greedy all rolled into one

Reactions: PPT
The store manager at Asda doesn't ask me to create a better atmosphere next time I'm in the shop either. It's reciprocal - the manager cannot demand a good atmosphere if the CEO sees the relationship with the fan as purely transactional.
You should see me every time I go in Aldi.

I go fucking beserk and always start the songs in the freezer aisle.

Pardon me for breathing.
And I applaud you but my point was the way things are going if kids don’t get in the door now they may never get it unless they pay a huge amount later, they don’t want people with season tickets they want day trippers spending £80 a ticket and £200 in the shops. Where have I said give up your ticket? My point was someone with a young family is been priced out and they don’t get them back, if prices continue to rise as they have. This isn’t like a 20 odd years ago when there were seats available at reasonable prices or no waiting list for a season ticket, if continue in the same vain it will be getting near £100 a ticket per game if you don’t have a season ticket. People find other uses for their money but I’m sure there will always be the glory hunters in years to come just look at old Trafford.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.