Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

I just can’t understand the whinging and whining on here about SC prices. It has been like this for years. For more years than I can remember I was unable to afford SC/Ticket so just had to get a Matchday card and get to games as or when I could afford them. Just do the same and stop whining. We all have to make sacrifices in this day and age. If you can’t afford it don’t go. I used to save up to get there and was restricted to about once a month. Yes I missed going but didn’t bellyache like some on here. Will you be going to the Co-Op live every week when it opens? Will you be complaining about their ticket pricing? Can’t afford it? Then don’t go. Same as everything else in life.
Will Co-Op Live sell season tickets? Will Co-Op Live have bands you want to see 25 to 30 times a year? If not it's a pointless comparison.

Ten

Any Season Ticket holder can sell** their seat for up to ten home Premier League matches.

I don't think this is true. I believe you could list it for every game if you so desired! 12 of the games (yet to be decided) are a guaranteed refund if listed by a certain time period before the fixture.

As Acton said you have to have attended, listed it on the exchange or transferred it to somebody else for 14 of the games. This requirement seems to keep going up from 10, 12 and now 14 I think. Presumably if you transferred it they'd have to have attended for it to count towards your 14 or you could just set up a phoney account and transfer it to that each time.

The club seem to be making season tickets and selling those individual seats more and more complexed. Or maybe it’s just me?

Last edited:
I don't think this is true. I believe you could list it for every game if you so desired! 12 of the games (yet to be decided) are a guaranteed refund if listed by a certain time period before the fixture.

As Acton said you have to have attended, listed it on the exchange or transferred it to somebody else for 14 of the games. This requirement seems to keep going up from 10, 12 and now 14 I think. Presumably if you transferred it they'd have to have attended for it to count towards your 14 or you could just set up a phoney account and transfer it to that each time.
It says 10 on the exchange rules on the
Website. What I posted was copied directly from there.

Just because 12 are guaranteed refunds doesn’t mean you can list 12. So if you can’t go to 14 you can list 10 on the exchange and transfer 4 to be safe. That’s how I read it anyway!

It says 10 on the exchange rules on the
Website. What I posted was copied directly from there.

Just because 12 are guaranteed refunds doesn’t mean you can list 12. So if you can’t go to 14 you can list 10 on the exchange and transfer 4 to be safe. That’s how I read it anyway!

'**You can list your seat as many times as you like but it can only be sold a maximum of ten times.'

Bit vague on their part. Maybe you can put it on there more often than 10 games but won't get paid for those additional fixtures? So it helps people reach the 14, but no financial benefit for anything over 10. As you say, better transferring anyway. Doesn't effect me as I haven't missed one this season and if you list it that frequently you shouldn't really have one.

Last edited:
Are the matchday prices reduced too? It shows a comparison table of savings (including the fee) vs individual marchday tickets.

It does say if you decline your opportunity to buy your reserved seat but later decide to buy one anyway, that you’ll then be charged the full members rate.

So I think from that we can assume they are cheaper than members prices.

How much cheaper will hopefully be made a bit clearer before they ask you for a final decision. Assuming they offer you one.

I think we've all made sacrifices at some stage. I recall having to pay for my own tickets as a child from pot washing in the pub when I was a teenager. I think Eccles misunderstood what Blue Maverick was getting at. Nobody was knocking her parenting. Instances like mine are unlikely to occur now as tickets have become that expensive. I'm sure I've seen people say that child's tickets were £40 for some games? Dread to think of how many pots I'd have to have washed to make that back in the day.

Those saying 'when I couldn't afford to go, I didn't' isn't really comparable to now. Going back a few years it was fairly easy to pick up where you left off. Take a season or two off etc. People are aware if they do the same now they're probably never going to get it back again. It's totally different! They've probably already sacrificed more than they should, but it's a huge part of people's lives and it eats away at them their days of going could be gone forever.
Apart from the impact on fans it’s pushing business elsewhere. The fact Stockport County are looking to add another 7000 seats…yeah I know they’re on a roll and the town is on the up, but that is practically the size of our expansion. They aren’t just capitalising on their own success there, they are capitalising on the short termist,pro-tourist pricing strategies of the PL..how many of those 7000 extra County fans are probably natural Blues?

Are the matchday prices reduced too? It shows a comparison table of savings (including the fee) vs individual marchday tickets.
That’s if you can actually get one. If the initial target audience is ST holders with kids, no more than few hundred will go on sale to the many thousands of matchday members. I suspect at this stage it’s some kind of test for future season ticket arrangements - in the new stand or in general, as the supply of traditional season tickets becomes more and more restricted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.