Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

They have given example prices for the stand, but also said that the prices are illustrative only, it's not clear how close to those figures it will actually end up being to attend that amount of games. What's to stop them deciding half way through the season to up the Flexi prices each game to make the total price far more than this 'illustrative' price. There would be nothing anyone on the Flexi could do apart from skip games if the individual match prices became too much. This lack of clear information makes it very difficult to plan costs for the season, it could end up being a gamble.

Anybody thinking of doing this, it needs to be mulled over very carefully. The sample prices given are for the East Stand third level. But you know you won't always be there. For marquee matches, you could be anywhere in the stadium. Anywhere where they can fit you in, basically. And it's a while since I've bought a ticket as an ordinary Cityzens member, but for Chelsea, for example, it was a clear £60, and it's probably gone up since then. That was for East Stand second level, as I remember it. I attended the Villa match at the end of the 13-14 season as an ordinary member, and I think it was about that too. I was surprised. But of course, penultimate home match of the season, and probable title determiner. They think in terms of supply and demand. Simple as.
I understand that for those who can't get a Season Card, and not likely to get one in the near future, it looks like a decent option. But there are several imponderables here.
It's one of the reasons why I'm very loathe to give up my SC, despite the yearly price rises. And despite the fact that I'm now on a pension, and come in from another country. They know that. There's a rumour around that they're thinking of rescinding the 65+ concession. I don't know how much truth there is to that. If they did, I would definitely be out, though.

Apart from the impact on fans it’s pushing business elsewhere. The fact Stockport County are looking to add another 7000 seats…yeah I know they’re on a roll and the town is on the up, but that is practically the size of our expansion. They aren’t just capitalising on their own success there, they are capitalising on the short termist,pro-tourist pricing strategies of the PL..how many of those 7000 extra County fans are probably natural Blues?

They're probably happy to offload working class fans to other clubs. They're not the people they want there any longer. Like you say it's a very short-termist approach. Of course the demand has increased but for undesirable midweek games people are practically giving their tickets away on social media. That's the season after winning the treble, so imagine how it'd be when Pep packs his bags and they have a few indifferent seasons?

I'm sure most regular match-going fans would rather they stopped with the cheese on City Square, light shows etc to have more reasonably priced tickets. I don't think we're the people they're trying to cater for though.

You would need to be hit on the head by a neckesr bomb for City to remove somebody’s season card for ill health. They are very accommodating.

I was t thinking about any punishment. More a reward if some body goes to every game for a number of years. It wouldn’t have to be very big.
Bang on. Friend of mine was very ill and missed all last season. When his daughter told the club they initially said summat about the exchange thingy. When they found out he'd had a ST for 40 odd years they said fuck that, we'll look after the ticket, give him any monies back and give him the ticket back whenever he's fit enough. No messing about.

They're probably happy to offload working class fans to other clubs. They're not the people they want there any longer. Like you say it's a very short-termist approach. Of course the demand has increased but for undesirable midweek games people are practically giving their tickets away on social media. That's the season after winning the treble, so imagine how it'd be when Pep packs his bags and they have a few indifferent seasons?

I'm sure most regular match-going fans would rather they stopped with the cheese on City Square, light shows etc to have more reasonably priced tickets. I don't think we're the people they're trying to cater for though.
This is the reality of it. But when the new stand opens the club could have a difficulty. Most of us on here to pay to see City. But a lot of the new demand is from folk who are paying to see City v Big Name Opposition.They aren’t rushing to pay £60 to see us play Burnley or Brentford on a wet Wednesday now so what happens when we’ve got thousands more seats to fill? Flexi Gold isn’t going to solve that problem.

Anybody thinking of doing this, it needs to be mulled over very carefully. The sample prices given are for the East Stand third level. But you know you won't always be there. For marquee matches, you could be anywhere in the stadium. Anywhere where they can fit you in, basically. And it's a while since I've bought a ticket as an ordinary Cityzens member, but for Chelsea, for example, it was a clear £60, and it's probably gone up since then. That was for East Stand second level, as I remember it. I attended the Villa match at the end of the 13-14 season as an ordinary member, and I think it was about that too. I was surprised. But of course, penultimate home match of the season, and probable title determiner. They think in terms of supply and demand. Simple as.
I understand that for those who can't get a Season Card, and not likely to get one in the near future, it looks like a decent option. But there are several imponderables here.
It's one of the reasons why I'm very loathe to give up my SC, despite the yearly price rises. And despite the fact that I'm now on a pension, and come in from another country. They know that. There's a rumour around that they're thinking of rescinding the 65+ concession. I don't know how much truth there is to that. If they did, I would definitely be out, though.

You’re misunderstanding the whole main selling point. You pick a specific seat and it’s yours, guaranteed for as many matches as you wish to buy ( min. 10 )

They can’t move you around.

You’re misunderstanding the whole main selling point. You pick a specific seat and it’s yours, guaranteed for as many matches as you wish to buy ( min. 10 )

They can’t move you around.

Oh, ok. My bad. Read it a bit quickly, because it didn't basically attract me. That definitely makes it more attractive.

Oh, ok. My bad. Read it a bit quickly, because it didn't basically attract me. That definitely makes it more attractive.

Yeah, I think the main objective of it ( besides the cynical money angle ) is to get more kids into the ground.

I’m unsure if they’re going to be available to new adult members who aren’t downgrading but the main target definitely seems to be children of existing adult ST holders.

It does address a problem. As you can be a ST holder with a child member but it can be virtually impossible to get them individually match tickets next to or even very close to you for most games at the moment.

I dont read it as being anywhere they can fit you in. It sounds like it will be a fixed seating location as they are offering them for juniors (and youd need to know there are near you each game). For example there is a couple of solo seats near me that were available for several games last year on the first day of sale so that must be one of the options.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.