Season Tickets - 2024/25 | Average increases of 5% despite record profits

And all of the above is correct, if they keep winning.
Their problems will become very apparent should we not.

I agree.

Many of us have made that exact point whilst discussing increased season ticket and match day ticket prices on this thread.

Everything the club is doing is built on Pep’s foundations on the pitch. Once Pep goes those foundations could begin to look very rocky and could collapse. We’ve seen that happen at United, Liverpool, and Arsenal when their successful managers have left.

It will only take one or two bad mangers after Pep leaves and a faltering team to see our current sold out attendances begin to dwindle with little hope of selling out matches where match day tickets cost £70, £80, or £90 increasing again over the next couple of seasons leading up to Pep possibly leaving and the North stand expansion adding a further 8000 seats to be sold.

Either City are very confident our support will hold up and increase regardless of Pep staying or going, or they are taking a massive risk hoping Pep will renew his contract again and City have now got a large enough fan base to absorb those 8000 extra seats when the North stand is operational.

Last edited:
I’d rather not talk about them but does anyone know roughly how many season ticket holders the dippers have as a percentage of the home attendance?

It might just be Scousers talking shit but the dippers I know claim they can’t get tickets.

I’d rather not talk about them but does anyone know roughly how many season ticket holders the dippers have as a percentage of the home attendance?

It might just be Scousers talking shit but the dippers I know claim they can’t get tickets.

Apparently Liverpool have in the region of 27,000 season ticket holders if that figure across Google is correct? So roughly around 45%(I’m shit at maths) of the new Anfield capacity of 61,000.

Liverpool are completely transparent about season tickets unlike our club. They now have 27k after an additional 1000 were released in the extended Anfield Road end. The waiting list has been closed for over 10 years but you do have a number and you can see that generally you will get closer each year. The wait for one before the latest 1000 were released was estimated to be around 30 years.

Liverpool are completely transparent about season tickets unlike our club. They now have 27k after an additional 1000 were released in the extended Anfield Road end. The waiting list has been closed for over 10 years but you do have a number and you can see that generally you will get closer each year. The wait for one before the latest 1000 were released was estimated to be around 30 years.

Ties up with what I read about those 1,000 they are selling in the new stand are going to people who joined the waiting list in ‘89/ ‘90.

A bloke I know from Stockport funnily enough, has one for him and his teenage son. So fuck knows how he managed to get him that? Unless it’s actually an adult ticket that’s been passed down.

Ties up with what I read about those 1,000 they are selling in the new stand are going to people who joined the waiting list in ‘89/ ‘90.

A bloke I know from Stockport funnily enough, has one for him and his teenage son. So fuck knows how he managed to get him that? Unless it’s actually an adult ticket that’s been passed down.
I don't know exactly how it works but their season tickets can be kept within the family so hardly any ever become available.

I agree.

Many of us have made that exact point whilst discussing increased season ticket and match day ticket prices on this thread.

Everything the club is doing is built on Pep’s foundations on the pitch. Once Pep goes those foundations could begin to look very rocky and could collapse. We’ve seen that happen at United, Liverpool, and Arsenal when their successful managers have left.

It will only take one or two bad mangers after Pep leaves and a faltering team to see our current sold out attendances begin to dwindle with little hope of selling out matches where match day tickets cost £70, £80, or £90 increasing again over the next couple of seasons leading up to Pep possibly leaving and the North stand expansion adding a further 8000 seats to be sold.

Either City are very confident our support will hold up and increase regardless of Pep staying or going, or they are taking a massive risk hoping Pep will renew his contract again and City have now got a large enough fan base to absorb those 8000 extra seats when the North stand is operational.
Or they'll freeze/drop prices if/when the demand for tickets starts to drop. It's not exactly rocket science

Or they'll freeze/drop prices if/when the demand for tickets starts to drop. It's not exactly rocket science

You say that, but that goes against everything they have been saying about increasing match day revenues. The Brentford tickets were reduced in price, probably on the back of the Burnley attendance, but didn't sell out,

Last edited:
im at a loss. The only thing I can see good about this flexi gold is you will have same seat for every game you go to. But you will be be paying full price for each ticket you accept to buy 3 weeks b4. So you’re paying 150 extra just to sit in same place. Am I missing summat

You say that, but that goes against everything they have been saying about increasing match day revenues. The Brentford tickets were reduced in price, probably on the back of the Burnley attendance, but didn't sell out,
I guess it depends on scale. If it's a couple of hundred sales they're losing out on they might live with that. If it's many thousands every week, they'd be mad not to do something

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.