Season Tickets - 2024/25

Brilliant post. The problem for City is our loyal support has led to a very high % of match tickets being taken up by Season Ticket holders. Hopefully City are just trying to get the % of Season Tickets down, enabling them to sell more matchday tickets at inflated prices. Once the North Stand extension is finished and a few more years of none renewals it will drop to a level that City are happy with and new Season Ticket’s will be released.
That’s what I’m hoping is the thinking within the club, the idea that they can phase season tickets out completely is fanciful. Even United, Liverpool et al with larger match going fanbases haven’t gone down that route. Hopefully once they hit the levels they are happy with, non renewals will be replaced by standard season tickets.

That’s what I’m hoping is the thinking within the club, the idea that they can phase season tickets out completely is fanciful. Even United, Liverpool et al with larger match going fanbases haven’t gone down that route. Hopefully once they hit the levels they are happy with, non renewals will be replaced by standard season tickets.

I like a good old moan with the best of them but I have to say that this constantly repeated line about how they’re desperately trying to drive away all long term ST holders, to be replaced by souvenir shop obsessed tourists, doesn’t really stand up to much scrutiny.

Of course I’d prefer my ticket to be cheaper. And a price freeze occasionally would be great.

But we still have some of cheapest ST’s in the country. They offer a 10 month, interest free payment plan for them. Not sure how many other clubs offer that?

There are plenty of valid individual little gripes that people have. I’m not saying you should stay silent and take it up the arse when they’ve fucked up.

But in my 40 odd years as a ST holder, I’ve never felt like anyone is trying to drive me out. In fact when I’ve had the odd issue here and there in recent years, the access dept. have gone well beyond the call of duty to help me sort it out.

That’s only my personal experience obviously.

I like a good old moan with the best of them but I have to say that this constantly repeated line about how they’re desperately trying to drive away all long term ST holders, to be replaced by souvenir shop obsessed tourists, doesn’t really stand up to much scrutiny.

Of course I’d prefer my ticket to be cheaper. And a price freeze occasionally would be great.

But we still have some of cheapest ST’s in the country. They offer a 10 month, interest free payment plan for them. Not sure how many other clubs offer that?

There are plenty of valid individual little gripes that people have. I’m not saying you should stay silent and take it up the arse when they’ve fucked up.

But in my 40 odd years as a ST holder, I’ve never felt like anyone is trying to drive me out. In fact when I’ve had the odd issue here and there in recent years, the access dept. have gone well beyond the call of duty to help me sort it out.

That’s only my personal experience obviously.
Nobody is having their season tickets removed, unless they don’t meet attendance requirements, which is a completely different scenario. It’s hysterical nonsense to suggest so, there would be riots if they did it. There are a multitude of reasons to criticise City’s ticketing policies, and I often do, but this idea that they are trying to permanently do away with season tickets isn’t one of them.

Nobody is having their season tickets removed, unless they don’t meet attendance requirements, which is a completely different scenario. It’s hysterical nonsense to suggest so, there would be riots if they did it. There are a multitude of reasons to criticise City’s ticketing policies, and I often do, but this idea that they are trying to permanently do away with season tickets isn’t one of them.

To be honest I’m not sure anybody is having their ticket removed even if they don’t meet attendance requirements.

I’ve not heard of a single case where that has happened. Not even…A mate of a mate of a mate, type stories.

That’s not to say it won’t ever happen. But I suspect if it does, it’ll be only in the most extreme cases, where someone is totally taking the piss and not responding to warnings and invites to offer an explanation.

It’s there purely as an incentive for people to use the exchange in my opinion.

As a 51-year-old fan and a season ticket holder since the early '90s, I’ve seen firsthand how much City has grown, not just in Manchester but around the world. I love the fact that we’ve gained fans from all sorts of cultural backgrounds who want to watch City live. It’s something I’m proud of when I travel abroad and see City shirts being worn or sold everywhere. However, I also understand the frustrations about ticketing policies - there’s room for everyone at the Etihad.

To be honest I’m not sure anybody is having their ticket removed even if they don’t meet attendance requirements.

I’ve not heard of a single case where that has happened. Not even…A mate of a mate of a mate, type stories.

That’s not to say it won’t ever happen. But I suspect if it does, it’ll be only in the most extreme cases, where someone is totally taking the piss and not responding to warnings and invites to offer an explanation.

It’s there purely as an incentive for people to use the exchange in my opinion.
I’ve heard Danny Wilson outline the process at oSC Meeting and season card holder with a lower attendance record (vs the rules) get a supportive call from City to Understand if there are barriers to Attendance or not selling on tickets that the a club can help with. Like you say, I can o my see season cards not being renewed in extreme situations.

I’ve heard Danny Wilson outline the process at oSC Meeting and season card holder with a lower attendance record (vs the rules) get a supportive call from City to Understand if there are barriers to Attendance or not selling on tickets that the a club can help with. Like you say, I can o my see season cards not being renewed in extreme situations.

Yeah, can you imagine the publicity if they just start blocking people who’ve not been to enough games?

They’ll be someone all over the papers about how their dad hasn’t missed a game in 60 years but is in hospital with cancer or something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.