Season Tickets For 2009/10. Interest Free?

jrb

It would be a nice gesture by the club in these financially hard times to offer the fans the opportunity to buy next seasons season tickets interest free over x amount of months. I'm sure many people will find it difficult to buy next seasons season tickets in one go(I need to buy 3) and would prefer to spread the costs over x months, interests free. Everywhere you look, shops and companies are now offering interest free credit.

Our owners and Gary Cook are always going on about how important it is to look after the fans. This is one way they could show that. If our new owners can give up concert revenues, then they can afford to give up interest charges on seaon tickets for at least one season, if not two or until the financial situation improves for the vast majority of City's season ticket holders.

Anyone agree?

jrb said:
It would be a nice gesture by the club in these financially hard times to offer the fans the opportunity to buy next seasons season tickets interest free over x amount of months. I'm sure many people will find it difficult to buy next seasons season tickets in one go(I need to buy 3) and would prefer to spread the costs over x months, interests free. Everywhere you look, shops and companies are now offering interest free credit.

Our owners and Gary Cook are always going on about how important it is to look after the fans. This is one way they could show that. If our new owners can give up concert revenues, then they can afford to give up interest charges on seaon tickets for at least one season, if not two or until the financial situation improves for the vast majority of City's season ticket holders.

Anyone agree?

Agree completely, personally i very much doubt i will be able to renew my season ticket next season unless i can pay it over x amount of months. Times are hard for most people at the moment and it'd be nice of the club to recognise that people are going to struggle to pay £400/500 in one go

Failsworth_Blue said:
jrb said:

Anyone agree?

Agree completely, personally i very much doubt i will be able to renew my season ticket next season unless i can pay it over x amount of months. Times are hard for most people at the moment and it'd be nice of the club to recognise that people are going to struggle to pay £400/500 in one go

I've got to find a £1000. 2 adults and one teenager. To be honest, there's no way I can find/pay £1000 out in March, when our seats come up for renewal. I don't remember last years APR, but I'm sure it was pretty high. Did anyone buy their season ticket via the monthly payment scheme this year? What was the APR?

Mine was about £45 per month for 10 months - that was for Adult in the North Stand - not sure what they were outright - this was n Feb of this year so the "early bird" ST prices.

I have a dream. Money is seemingly no object for the club. We're in a recession. We're not selling out the ground.

I see a solution. Make it a tenner per game for adults and a fiver for kids (which I know they do with Live4City), regardless of where in the ground you are. Therefore season tickets £190 for adults. Result? A full stadium, great PR for the club, and no problem about the lost revenue.

Ric said:
I have a dream. Money is seemingly no object for the club. We're in a recession. We're not selling out the ground.

I see a solution. Make it a tenner per game for adults and a fiver for kids (which I know they do with Live4City), regardless of where in the ground you are. Therefore season tickets £190 for adults. Result? A full stadium, great PR for the club, and no problem about the lost revenue.

Good idea, I would have a box by the "nice" seats for £190 a year!!

Ric said:

I agree with that mate. It would encourage more people to take their kids too and make it a family day out.

I just hope they dont bring out the renewals as early as Feb/March as they have done before to get max discount. Why cant they bring out a price and fix it no early renewal discount i.e thats the price you pay if you want and can afford one!

They did the early renewal because they were totally skint by February and were desperate to get money in. I would hope they don't need to do that this year.

If you waited, they did offer interest free renewals in about June/July. The only problem was you paid the full price and it was over 5 months rather than 10. It did persuade me to renew though.

We got to buy two years in a row in 2002 to avoid the price rises in the new stadium.

Early discounts are good, I would buy the next 5 years if offered a good discount. Safer than most investments these days and the banks are rubbish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.