Season Tickets For 2009/10. Interest Free?

May not work for everyone but I always apply for a 0% interest credit card around march and make one purchase only with it- well three if you count my card and the two juniors as seperate but you know what I mean. I then have a minumum of six months to pay it off and make sure I don't use the card for anything else.

Barclaycard's Football Credit Card:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/champion/football_credit_card.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.barclaycard.co.uk/champion/f ... _card.html</a>

You buy your season ticket on it, and the balance is interest free until you pay it off, providing you meet minimum repayments on it, as you'd expect. It's basically an interest free loan.

I did it last year, and it's true, it's kosher, and very, very, handy. However, the UEFA Cup kicked in, and I started loading money on it, and then the interest kicked in.

But if you just buy your season ticket on it, then rip up the credit card, you're fine. I would recommend it to everyone.

SouthStand211 said:
Been doing this for 4/5 years now(barclaycard). its brilliant. cant believe more people dont do it.

I got one of these last year thinking that I'd have to reapply every year for a new 0% card, but the letter inside said as long as you buy a Premiership season ticket over £250 (and let's face it, an adult ST will be, unless Ric's dreams come true ;-) then it's 0% EVERY year as long as you have the card.

It's like your own little 0% season ticket loan every year.

(and no, I don't work for Barclays)

Sounds a great deal, though just a word of caution, Barclays sponsorship of the Prem is due to end in 2010 so maybe only 1 more year available on this deal.

jrb said:
It would be a nice gesture by the club in these financially hard times to offer the fans the opportunity to buy next seasons season tickets interest free over x amount of months. I'm sure many people will find it difficult to buy next seasons season tickets in one go(I need to buy 3) and would prefer to spread the costs over x months, interests free. Everywhere you look, shops and companies are now offering interest free credit.

Our owners and Gary Cook are always going on about how important it is to look after the fans. This is one way they could show that. If our new owners can give up concert revenues, then they can afford to give up interest charges on seaon tickets for at least one season, if not two or until the financial situation improves for the vast majority of City's season ticket holders.

Anyone agree?

i do

Corky said:
We got to buy two years in a row in 2002 to avoid the price rises in the new stadium.

Early discounts are good, I would buy the next 5 years if offered a good discount. Safer than most investments these days and the banks are rubbish.

In 1982,I bought 8 years s/t for the Kippax when it was standing of course.Cost was 200 pounds for the 8 years,25 pound a season.At the end of the 8 years,you actually got your 200 pound back! Thats how short of money the club were at the time.

SWSB said:
Corky said:
We got to buy two years in a row in 2002 to avoid the price rises in the new stadium.

Early discounts are good, I would buy the next 5 years if offered a good discount. Safer than most investments these days and the banks are rubbish.

In 1982,I bought 8 years s/t for the Kippax when it was standing of course.Cost was 200 pounds for the 8 years,25 pound a season.At the end of the 8 years,you actually got your 200 pound back! Thats how short of money the club were at the time.

Leeds were offering 20 year ones for 10 times your season ticket price in 2003, I wonder if they honored them after all Bates' antics.

I did it with Zebra finance last year and they only put on about an extra £30 quid in total. rang them the other day and they said there doing it again this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.