Season to date - Evaluation

micky_blue

OK a defeat tonight but still alive (just by fingertips) in CL - will possibly go out? but we'll give it a go

Carling Cup Final

FA Cup, quarter final at home against Wigan, a Championship team with our beloved Uwe at the helm..........i'm confident of a win

Premier league, would go top if we win game in hand......great position to be in, and if it goes pear shaped in the Nou Camp, then we can concentrate on winning this

I for one would have taken this at the start of the season!.............. Would you?

Yes.

I think we've progressed from last season, and will hopefully continue to do so over the coming seasons. Anything more just yet is just greedy.

MSP said:
Premier League could be bit better. Some points lost where they should not be. Out of that, you can't ask much more.

I agree, in the first half of the season we should have done much better, losing 4 games by Christmas with a new manager or not is not good enough with the squad we have, but we are still in it and we have a game in hand that will send us top with a win, very tough run in though.

Both the domestic cups bar the Watford game have so far been excellent.

CL has been an improvement, but I still dont think the team on the pitch reflects the team on paper yet.

On 1st March we will STILL have a possibility of four trophies. Granted, we are hanging on by our fingernails in Europe but it is still, as I understand it, completely unprecedented for any English side to be in this position.

Does that answer the question?

:)

Didsbury Dave said:
The most exciting season I've ever seen so far

This. With the potential to be an absolutely incredible season or for it all to go horribly wrong.

Focus focus focus, a couple of slip ups and all of a sudden we could lose the cup final and fall behind in the title race.

So far so good but we've got to finish the job off now and bring home the goods, I believe we will win at least 2 trophies which would be amazing

To date you've got to say very good. Still technically in for four trophies with a very good chance of doing the domestic cup double
and a realistic chance in the PL which is the most competitive it's been in years. The football at times is sensational although
defensively we look much more vulnerable than in previous years. If we deliver at least a couple of trophies (especially if one is the
PL) then I think we will all be very satisfied. If we don't Pellegrini will be seen in a similar light as Keegan was at Newcastle
albeit with better players at his disposal. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and I don't think it will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.