Seasoncard - 2021/22

Seriously do any concert halls, theatres, and cinemas sell tickets and afterwards inform the purchasers that need a mobile phone of recent specification to get in?

The only question is not will City back down and permit some other form of entry - print at home or optical scans? - but when they will back down.

I have two season tickets in the south stand and my friend has two in the east stand.

We are both the keepers of both tickets (meaning I have both season cards in my wallet and he has both season cards in his)

There have been times when the other person in our parties hasn’t been able to go, so instead of us both sitting on our own, we’ve put one pair on the ticket exchange and used the other pair to go to the game.

How would this work from next season as technically I can’t transfer my spare seat to his account as he already has his own seat in his account? I just used to give him the spare card or vice versa.

I have two season tickets in the south stand and my friend has two in the east stand.

We are both the keepers of both tickets (meaning I have both season cards in my wallet and he has both season cards in his)

There have been times when the other person in our parties hasn’t been able to go, so instead of us both sitting on our own, we’ve put one pair on the ticket exchange and used the other pair to go to the game.

How would this work from next season as technically I can’t transfer my spare seat to his account as he already has his own seat in his account? I just used to give him the spare card or vice versa.
I'm in a not too dissimilar position to you, but presume as one person can have multiple mobile tickets on their phone, it would be possible to transfer to a person who already has a ticket so wouldn't be a problem

I'm in a not too dissimilar position to you, but presume as one person can have multiple mobile tickets on their phone, it would be possible to transfer to a person who already has a ticket so wouldn't be a problem

That makes sense as I assume if you have a 5 year old, they aren’t going to have a phone to gain access so it should be in the adults account.

Im hoping you will be able to transfer tickets freely as the match day experience is already dull enough to not want to experience it on your own.

Reactions: es1
Seriously do any concert halls, theatres, and cinemas sell tickets and afterwards inform the purchasers that need a mobile phone of recent specification to get in?

The only question is not will City back down and permit some other form of entry - print at home or optical scans? - but when they will back down.
It was a little ambiguous and this info could have been released a long time ago but, the club did say that Digital Tickets would be used this season before the renewals went live. It was on renewal page, the only thing that was a bit grey was they said “alternative options” would be available and only released the full details yesterday.

It’s not new technology. The company behind it have been doing this stuff for years. Barring system issues (which can happen with any system and has happened with the previous system we had) problems are usually down to human error, that is why the club are doing these drop in centres. It’s getting people up to speed with something they may not be use to.

Print at home is an option.

My guess is they will panic and back down if there's a load of chaos at the first two home games.
They'll get away with hassles at the first game and blame it on teething troubles, but will struggle to keep on this path if there are problems at two games.

For those people that don't currently have an NFC enabled phone and don't want to print at home there are some decent Android options at reasonable prices as many people (me included) wouldn't want to drop £500 plus on a ridiculously over-specced device.

Moto G phones have always been excellent value and the G10 model has NFC:

Last edited:

For balance, I've been too quite a few Lancashire games at (The Real) Old Trafford this summer and all the tickets have been mobile tickets. They use an app called TixnGo, once set up the tickets go straight into the app and you can send to the other ticket holders. They then just use a hand held device to scan you in. Has worked with no issues every time I've been to be fair.

They have also used print at home tickets at Lancs as I've seen people with pieces of paper trying to find there seat.

This is just for balance that mobile ticketing can work (though im not looking forward to getting my Dad set up on this!)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.