Seasoncard - 2021/22

This is something I’m surprised nobody has picked up on.

You’ll be able to scan a “print at home” ticket displayed on your phone in the barcode scanner, if you don’t have an NFC smartphone.
Yes, you could just print it to the phone and scan it, but the actual ticket has a barcode option which I assume would be the same as the printed version

We both always go to the match so there'll never be a need to use the exchange.

His match day routine involves a couple of hours in the pub with his mates before having another inside the ground. My matchplay routine sees me leaving home at 2:25 (for a 3PM kick off) walking to the ground and being in my seat in 105 with 5 minutes to spare before kick off. So the multiple cards on one wallet doesn't really work; we're brothers not siamese twins.

Point here is friction. Most technological developments seek to reduce friction not increase it. I suppose the best recent example is the transition from chip and pin to contactless - the credit card companies and retail outlets didn't insist we all move to contactless by removing the chip and pin option, the two alternatives coexisted. Seems to me that Everton got it right allowing the new and old technologies to exist side by side.

I'll be there whatever the inconvenience but my big worry is how many (older) fans we will lose permanently.
I take your point about the "benefits of the improvement" it only works for me because my lad can't go in his own yet. Just did his ticket download to my wallet and found it very easy. Can't say I don't have doubts for Norwich though. COVID worry and technology mistrust, a perfect storm for people not returning, not just oldies like me.

Yes, you could just print it to the phone and scan it, but the actual ticket has a barcode option which I assume would be the same as the printed version
So does anyone fancy doing an experiment and printing the barcode from the wallet and seeing if that paper copy gets them into the ground?

I take your point about the "benefits of the improvement" it only works for me because my lad can't go in his own yet. Just did his ticket download to my wallet and found it very easy. Can't say I don't have doubts for Norwich though. COVID worry and technology mistrust, a perfect storm for people not returning, not just oldies like me.
Definitely will work well for parents with children too young to go on their own.

Still haven't had my email, has anyone got a link I could use or are they unique to the SC holder? This is really baffled me
I don't think you actually need the email - it just makes things a little quicker by providing a link straight to the tickets page on the City website. You should be able to download your card without the email by logging into the tickets page on your phone, clicking on 'Seasoncards', ticking the season ticket you want to download and clicking 'Add to mobile wallet'.

I don't think you actually need the email - it just makes things a little quicker by providing a link straight to the tickets page on the City website. You should be able to download your card without the email by logging into the tickets page on your phone, clicking on 'Seasoncards', ticking the season ticket you want to download and clicking 'Add to mobile wallet'.
Yeah I tried that but still hit a brick wall, guess its the dreaded supporter services call then Screenshot_20210806-161137_Chrome.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.