Seasoncard - 2021/22

I really don’t understand why the plastic card should be replaced. There is no need to reissue the plastic card each year. Any card that is no renewed could be deactivated. Other clubs already do that to save the money involved in producing new cards and sending them out each season.

I was at the Everton match and my iPhone failed to scan correctly the first 15 times I tried. I eventually got in either because the card scanned or, more likely, the steward waved me in.

By all means allow entry by iPhone or other smart phone but retain the season card until the bloody technology works.

I'll be taking a sabbatical for sure. I have said I won't return while there are eTickets, Arrival Times or Reduced Capacity. Supporting your team should be an opportunity to let go and show spontaneous emotion and be a release from the conformity of daily life. VAR had all but killed the spontaneity for the match going fan, but these new Covid controls will really wipe out the last remnants of enjoyment for so many.

Ah well, stying in 314 for me.
Decent price and if it needs to be the phone for access or a card or whatever, I will be there. Can’t be as hard or as cocked up as the Porto and covid situation we faced.

@City Man I remember being an Advisory Teacher training teachers to use BBC computers and doing a DASE in Educational Computing using programming.
So even those of us who are classed as Legacy Fans know about technology but I get bored with the speed of the new innovations! *rofl*

Was on a tour today. All SS1 Seats are out ready for the safe standing seat to be installed. Not that they are going to be used for standing anytime soon

As long as the club are offering an easy to access alternative to e-tickets (which I believe they are) then it seems like a reasonable approach? It’s not just City, and it’s not just football moving towards digital tickets - many gigs these days have e-tickets as a primary option and most train journeys are easier without having to collect paper tickets from a machine.

However it would be good if the club offered physical seasoncards to those who wanted them, many fans will be used to a card they can store in their wallet/purse. Hopefully the club finds a middle ground

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.