Seat Counters - 2023/24

I notice - somewhat surprisingly - that Burnley haven't taken the full allocation for the league game on 31st Jan so around 1400 tickets in SS3 have become available. In past seasons when a club hasn't taken the full allocation, City have often put those tickets back on sale to our fans at the subsidised £30 price that away fans pay for league games. Not this time though - the tickets are £61 in that section!

I notice - somewhat surprisingly - that Burnley haven't taken the full allocation for the league game on 31st Jan so around 1400 tickets in SS3 have become available. In past seasons when a club hasn't taken the full allocation, City have often put those tickets back on sale to our fans at the subsidised £30 price that away fans pay for league games. Not this time though - the tickets are £61 in that section!
Pretty sure it was the increased price last year too

Pretty sure it was the increased price last year too
Yep they were -it had nothing to do with the away price.

In 2021/22 when the games had almost sold out for the majority of games the remaining tickets sold at £30 including unwanted away blocks and mainly singles, even in 9320 - but normally ticket exchange remained full price so the club's tickets sold first.

In 2022/23 the prices went up closer to the game if anything, and the away blocks (to home fans) have just reflected prices in home blocks in the same period of sale in the last 3 seasons.

It's interesting for the club to gauge how much they can take the piss going forward. If there are an extra 1,400 fans who are willing to pay £61 to watch us play Burnley, then fair play.

Horrible time to be a legacy fan though!
I wonder how far £61 seats will get us when we've got a 62,000 seat stadium to fill?

It's interesting for the club to gauge how much they can take the piss going forward. If there are an extra 1,400 fans who are willing to pay £61 to watch us play Burnley, then fair play.

A disgusting price but most of them are returns so essentially they will have been sold twice by the club. It will sell out and we will also sell 9,000 for Spurs away. It is the downside of supporting the most amazing team in world football at the moment. I am glad I kept my season ticket on but am sorry for those who are being priced out. I don't know what the solution is other than even bigger stadiums to reduce demand and reduce ticket prices. English football has become a sort of new world religion. At home matches this season I have met people from Sweden, Italy, Puerto Rico, Los Angeles, New York, and Wisconsin. These are incredible times for football.

I know the game is a while off yet but those Burnley returns have been there for a few days and barely any have sold. There are over 1,500 tickets available throughout the rest of the stadium as well, despite what people say they’re not all ticket exchange either, we’re supposed to be going for an historic fourth title and it’s going to be dispiriting on the night.

When it comes to ticketing, both in price and how they’re distributed the club is a joke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.