Seat Counters - 2023/24

The local supporters club applied for 75 tickets and got them all. I travel up from there for every home game. Almost no one goes on the train. Maybe they drive. My guess is there will be less than 10 going tomorrow.

Last edited:
Downside to supporters club is not getting to choose where you are sat, but for some season ticket holders they just want a hassle free experience instead of having to wait for a sales window to come round. Positives and negatives.

It’s the unfair allocation to undeserving people in supporters clubs that needs addressing.
Absolutely. A disgrace that OSC get 20 percent of the final tickets. It means almost all of the branch get to go. In my town most (NEARLY ALL) go to less than 3 home games a year. They applied for 75 for the final and revived them all. I haven't applied to the club, I don't consider them to be blues. They only go to the big games. Bollocks to them.

I know one of the people in this situation and this is exactly what happened with them.

It was a completely honest mistake, no one in my branch was trying to take more than their fair share of tickets.

As you can probably guess by my username I'm part of a US-based branch, and the assertion Dodge made that "everyone knows the rules" is absolutely wrong.

We were never given clear and proper information about rules and restrictions surrounding exactly how ticket allocations work for the OSC. In this case a supporter needed an extra ticket and honestly thought this was the correct and proper way to do it. It's not like this person is trying to snatch tickets away from other honest fans or re-sell them.

I'm not giving out more details than that other than to say both this supporter and myself were confused about several aspects of the allocation and request process.

I've even looked through both the Supporters' Charter and the OSC rules and did not find anything about this kind of situation.

People on this board need to understand not everyone is a lifer, we now literally have OSC branches in every corner of the globe and some of them have not been around very long. There are also plenty of long-time City fans who rarely or never get tickets through the OSC and are also unfamiliar with their rules.

I can't speak for everyone who made an extra request through the OSC they shouldn't have, obviously, but there's some pretty over-the-top anger in this thread. I understand that everyone wants to get a ticket but it isn't fair to assume bad intent from everyone who isn't intimately familiar with the policies. Maybe some are trying to hoard tickets or re-sell them at a mark-up, but it's pretty easy to make an honest mistake when there's a mad scramble for tickets to a big final.
Out of interest how many tickets did your branch get for the final vs usual premier league games? As it’s such a huge investment in time and money for even one game I’m guessing trips to England for games isn’t a regular occurance? Just wondering do you always wait for the big games and get the allocation you want, or do the club not always agree to what you ask for. This isn’t a dig I’m just genuinely interested?

No one without points has a far share of tickets. You should never get a ticket in front of people with points or a season ticket.
That's completely fair, but that is an issue with the club's ticket policy and how much they're choosing to reserve for the OSC, it isn't the fault of supporters.

Regardless the point of my post was about the labelling of everyone caught up in this as some kind of tout or cheat, not about how the club choose to divvy up the allocation they get from the FA.

If you don't consider people who don't go to very many matches "real fans" then I'm not sure what to say other than that the branch I'm part of is based in the US and most of our members do not have unlimited time or money to be flying to the UK every other week. Not sure what you want us to do. We aren't taking 75 tickets for the Final, we are trying to get two.

While I understand your frustration and your point of view, you need to be talking to the club, not to me.

I also want to add that I originally joined my OSC branch just so I could watch games on TV over here with fellow Blues and have some sense of community. I did not know until YEARS after I joined that we could even request tickets - again, another example of the poor communication about what the correct procedure for getting tickets is and what you're NOT supposed to do.

Last edited:
Out of interest how many tickets did your branch get for the final vs usual premier league games? As it’s such a huge investment in time and money for even one game I’m guessing trips to England for games isn’t a regular occurance? Just wondering do you always wait for the big games and get the allocation you want, or do the club not always agree to what you ask for. This isn’t a dig I’m just genuinely interested?
Seeing we're based in the US, the "typical" number of requests we make in a given week is zero.

Several times a year people will make requests but this season it's been no more than four for any given match and it's usually fewer than that, I believe the most common number of tickets we get assigned is two.

For the Final it's also two.

To add, my understanding is also that we typically do not have any issues getting tickets when we DO request them, but I'm guessing part of the reason is that we usually request so few of them.

Last edited:
That's completely fair, but that is an issue with the club's ticket policy and how much they're choosing to reserve for the OSC, it isn't the fault of supporters.

Regardless the point of my post was about the labelling of everyone caught up in this as some kind of tout or cheat, not about how the club choose to divvy up the allocation they get from the FA.

If you don't consider people who don't go to very many matches "real fans" then I'm not sure what to say other than that the branch I'm part of is based in the US and most of our members do not have unlimited time or money to be flying to the UK every other week. Not sure what you want us to do. We aren't taking 75 tickets for the Final, we are trying to get two.

While I understand your frustration and your point of view, you need to be talking to the club, not to me.

I also want to add that I originally joined my OSC branch just so I could watch games on TV over here with fellow Blues and have some sense of community. I did not know until YEARS after I joined that we could even request tickets - again, another example of the poor communication about what the correct procedure for getting tickets is and what you're NOT supposed to do.
To be honest, and I should have clarified this I'm not referring to overseas supporters clubs. Is clubs within 100 miles or 200 miles of the Etihad that shouldn't get any tickets ahead of people who turn up and contribute week in week out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.