Seattle Sounders v Chelsea

prairiemoon said:
Sounds exciting. I'm disappointed to be missing it.

Mass changes for Chelsea. Second half has been shite so far. More changes for Chelsea. Kakuta and some lad named Kane on...Hazard done for the day..QUALITY!!

Saville on , Ivanivoc off, Lukaku on, Biasol(?) on (young Brasilian).

Story of Chelsea's first 45mins of preseason is clearly Eden Hazard, with a touch of Marin down the wing, and a brick wall, comfortable finisher in Lukaku, who is making it known he is not to be discarded in a hurry.

Bit shit now. Some Seattle Canadian/American hero/legend on now to round the day out...retiring after 90mins apparently.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 pm --<br /><br />Another note though...

Lampard and Essien (albeit pre-season), look completely gone. Offering absolutely nothing between them, and I think Lampard has given the ball away more than he has completed a pass.

De Bruyne looks like a natural, long-term successor (if given the chance). He seems a young Lampard.

Worth a cheap pop at Essien to round his career out and cover for Yaya? Hmmmmmmmmm? Nah I didn't say that (since I just said he seems past it and flat on his feet).

ok their attack in the first half was amazing tbh.
they will be our main rival this season no doubt about that

Lukaku

Marin Hazard benayoun

They played amazing on the attack and that was even without a right attacking option as benayoun was a no show as expected

so for this season I guess it is

Hulk?/Torres/Lukaku

Marin/Mata Hazard Sturridge/De Bruyne?

Pretty sick line up... dont know how good their defence will be this season though

Jaskosss said:

Lukaku

Marin Hazard benayoun

They played amazing on the attack and that was even without a right attacking option as benayoun was a no show as expected

Hulk?/Torres/Lukaku

Pretty sick line up... dont know how good their defence will be this season though

De Bruyne is an unpolished gem, and the natural successor to Fat Frank.

Add Mata, Sturridge, Ramires and Torres (ON HIS DAY....IN 50) to that, and a few others knocking around.....they are serious championship material.

Their downfall, as you have alluded to, is their defence. Cahill will be their best defender this year GUARANTEED, but the likes of Ivanovic (spelled correctly this time), and Luiz will be their achilles heel, and Terry the **** was already past it last season.

I see them outscoring us POTENTIALLY this season, but their defence will leak goals to every team in the league!

Jaskosss said:

Lukaku

Marin Hazard benayoun

Hulk?/Torres/Lukaku

You forgot Oscar

------------Torres-------------

-Mata------Hazard-----Osar/Hulk--

Really excited about that lineup as a Chelsea fan. Makes me salivate sometimes. Also I find it a bit stupid to start judging our defence after our FIRST pre-season game and one that was not long after getting off the plane. I mean, really? Cahill is a very good defender and those who said he is a rubbish defender are hiding away somehwere now eating their words. Say what you want about Terry. Still a very good Defender as he showed in the Euros. he's 31, not 40. We're about to Sign a RB named Cesar Azpilicueta (Spanish RB from Marseille) and he will presumably be our starting RB wth Ivanovic ready for Cover at both RB and CB. Someone on here said Ivanovic was poor and our defence in general will "leak goals to every team in the league!" *facepalm* Clutching at Straws and in Denial I Suppose. Last season our defence was very good when we didn't play the high line (Before the parking of the bus). Ivanovic was also solid and great at RB. That won't change I suspect. De Bryune looked good but will probably go on loan which will be a good move.

Marin looked Sharp and quick. Only thing that worried me a bit was he seemed to cut in alot. I Suspect it was because he really wanted a goal to impress RDM. Hazard was great. Explosive, nimble and skillfull. We are getting exactly what we paid for. At least you guys can see he's a very good player unlike those ManUre idiots who are so deluded and butthurt they missed out on him that they continue to lie to thesmelves saying Kagawa is better (LOL). Scary to think he's only 21. I know it was just an MLS team but with Mata and Oscar slotting in there, Torres should be in heaven. Lampard is not finished by any means. He may have to play less but again, he is another Chelsea player who proved the doubters wrong in the 2nd half of the season. Our Defence, all in all willl become a lot more solid and structured than what it was against Seattle. We're looking a great side and let's hope we can push you and ManUre and challenge for the title.

KonohasOrangeFlash said:
Jaskosss said:

Lukaku

Marin Hazard benayoun

Hulk?/Torres/Lukaku

You forgot Oscar

Really excited about that lineup as a Chelsea fan. Makes me salivate sometimes. Also I find it a bit stupid to start judging our defence after our FIRST pre-season game and one that was not long after getting off the plane. I mean, really? Cahill is a very good defender and those who said he is a rubbish defender are hiding away somehwere now eating their words. Say what you want about Terry. Still a very good Defender as he showed in the Euros. he's 31, not 40. We're about to Sign a RB named Cesar Azpilicueta (Spanish RB from Marseille) and he will presumably be our starting RB wth Ivanovic ready for Cover at both RB and CB. Someone on here said Ivanovic was poor and our defence in general will "leak goals to every team in the league!" *facepalm* Clutching at Straws and in Denial I Suppose. Last season our defence was very good when we didn't play the high line (Before the parking of the bus). Ivanovic was also solid and great at RB. That won't change I suspect. De Bryune looked good but will probably go on loan which will be a good move.

Marin looked Sharp and quick. Only thing that worried me a bit was he seemed to cut in alot. I Suspect it was because he really wanted a goal to impress RDM. Hazard was great. Explosive, nimble and skillfull. We are getting exactly what we paid for. At least you guys can see he's a very good player unlike those ManUre idiots who are so deluded and butthurt they missed out on him that they continue to lie to thesmelves saying Kagawa is better (LOL). Scary to think he's only 21. I know it was just an MLS team but with Mata and Oscar slotting in there, Torres should be in heaven. Lampard is not finished by any means. He may have to play less but again, he is another Chelsea player who proved the doubters wrong in the 2nd half of the season. Our Defence, all in all willl become a lot more solid and structured than what it was against Seattle. We're looking a great side and let's hope we can push you and ManUre and challenge for the title.

As a Chelsea fan you SHOULD realise that your defence is just not good enough. 25 pts behind us and the Rags...you won't make that up by buying every CAM and winger on Earth. Lesser teams than them and us picked you apart last season. Liverpool made Terry and Ivanovic look like pub leaguers.

I agree with everything you have said about your attacking prowess (besides Lampard...he's about finished), but face it, your defence is shaky, leaky, unsettled, and at the end of the day, pretty shite.

Aging Cole, aging Terry, dm at best in Luiz, positionally and mentally weak Ivanovic, no set right back, Alex has gone, Bosingwa has gone (?), Bertrand is good but not good enough yet to be dominant (although I think he should start over Cole in the long run this season), and you are going after WHO????? Cahill is your future (maybe) and he needs someone other than Luis or Cunterry next to him.

Im not arguing with you mate, I just think you overestimate how decent your defence really is. I personally think your defence is average at best.

whothefisAlice said:
KonohasOrangeFlash said:
Jaskosss said:

Lukaku

Marin Hazard benayoun

Hulk?/Torres/Lukaku

You forgot Oscar

As a Chelsea fan you SHOULD realise that your defence is just not good enough. 25 pts behind us and the Rags...you won't make that up by buying every CAM and winger on Earth. Lesser teams than them and us picked you apart last season. Liverpool made Terry and Ivanovic look like pub leaguers.

I agree with everything you have said about your attacking prowess (besides Lampard...he's about finished), but face it, your defence is shaky, leaky, unsettled, and at the end of the day, pretty shite.

Aging Cole, aging Terry, dm at best in Luiz, positionally and mentally weak Ivanovic, no set right back, Alex has gone, Bosingwa has gone (?), Bertrand is good but not good enough yet to be dominant (although I think he should start over Cole in the long run this season), and you are going after WHO????? Cahill is your future (maybe) and he needs someone other than Luis or Cunterry next to him.

Im not arguing with you mate, I just think you overestimate how decent your defence really is. I personally think your defence is average at best.

I think you underestimate our defence. Alot of the goals we shipped was during the AVB High line period. Our defence is not the best but it is still solid.What does DM at best in Luiz mean? Defensive Midfield? Luiz has really improved as a CB under RDM. He has matured and can be a really good CB for us for years. Cole is ageing ..so what? He showed last season (Champions league and even the Euros) that when he is rested he is still the best LB on Earth. Bertrand seems like he'll develop into one of the best LB's in the EPL. RB we are buying a good young RB. Our CB's are not the best but it is solid. and there is good depth in our CB department. Lampard is arguable. Still not finished IMO. Look at Giggs and Scholes. Luiz and Cahill showed they can have a good partnership. Our Defence is what? "face it, your defence is shaky, leaky, unsettled, and at the end of the day, pretty shite"....That shows your utter lack of knowledge about or team. You probably watched a few games and formed an opinion thinking you know our team inside and out...SMH...

KonohasOrangeFlash said:
whothefisAlice said:
KonohasOrangeFlash said:
You forgot Oscar

I think you underestimate our defence. Alot of the goals we shipped was during the AVB High line period. Our defence is not the best but it is still solid.What does DM at best in Luiz mean? Defensive Midfield? Luiz has really improved as a CB under RDM. He has matured and can be a really good CB for us for years. Cole is ageing ..so what? He showed last season (Champions league and even the Euros) that when he is rested he is still the best LB on Earth. Bertrand seems like he'll develop into one of the best LB's in the EPL. RB we are buying a good young RB. Our CB's are not the best but it is solid. and there is good depth in our CB department. Lampard is arguable. Still not finished IMO. Look at Giggs and Scholes. Luiz and Cahill showed they can have a good partnership. Our Defence is what? "face it, your defence is shaky, leaky, unsettled, and at the end of the day, pretty shite"....That shows your utter lack of knowledge about or team. You probably watched a few games and formed an opinion thinking you know our team inside and out...SMH...
We know you will be very good next year. But for obvious reasons we'd rather admit that to ourselves, you understand. ;)

The real question is, how good is your bench?

prairiemoon said:
We know you will be very good next year. But for obvious reasons we'd rather admit that to ourselves, you understand. ;)

The real question is, how good is your bench?

Our bench? Hmmm Tough to predict. it'll probably consist of

Marin, Oscar/Hulk, Cahill, Ivanovic, Ramires, Sturridge, Turnbull

Make of that what you will. It looks like a very good bench.

Squad Players: Essien, Meireles, Ferreira, Bertrand , Bennayoun (possibly on his way out) etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.