Self service tills in supermarkets.

I prefer them but I can see why the older generation doesn't. Its because they can't have a natter and give their life story to the checkout person like they do on the tills, taking forever to bag a tin of garden pees and then want to pay the entire 75p in copper and vouchers with the checkout person counting it out for them. Without self-service tills, people like me who just want to grab some lunch and get out have to wait for ages.
Older folks and mother's with screaming babies and unruly kids shouldn't have to pack their own shopping because the big supermarkets want to save more money (despite charging higher prices than Aldi and Lidl) by having an increasing number of automatoes tills. If 80 year old Dorris or Bert want to copper up and pay with vouchers whilst having a bit of chit chat cos they're a bit lonely, then Dorris and Bert shouldn't have to try and work out how to use self service tills because of fuckin' staff cutbacks!

Asda rollbacks?... Roll back to how it used to be and get more staff on the tills you penny pinching cunts. And as for Tesco's 'Every little helps', fuck you Tesco or I'll be helping to break an automated till with a frozen 20lb turkey when I accidentally 'place' it down to hard!

I'm not a luddite, honest!

I must say I whole heartedly agree with those who condemn these monstrosities. Never use them. Tried once and couldn't hear beeps etc. Unexpected deaf man in the bagging area.
EDIT PS About half my bill is booze so there's a challenge. Reminds me. Bought about 3 items in the coop. Till did not work, pressed the button for help. Nada, nothing, zilch response. Pressed again and a woman who was standing about doing nothing piped up:
" I heard you the first time" YCNMIU

Last edited:
I don't use them for the same reason of cutting staff, and the only time I tried when I was in a hurry it took ages as I kept fucking it up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.