Senna

exileindevon said:
whats it about then?dont spoil the ending for me though

It's about a bloke who has a dream. A dream to get out of the slums of India and make it in the big world of finance. It starts off slowly, giving his back story, how many wives he has, the kids that died, the kids that he sold to buy a suit, before he gets his first big break. After a short spell in hospital and a full leg cast, he manages to get a job as a runner in an insurance company in Bristol. He then works his way up to the mail room where he organises a dance off with a big chinned ex con before upsetting a dwarf. Suddenly the company owner spots his potential and gives him a job testing toys and he buys a trampoline for his town house before running riot on a big keyboard in the floor. He leaves that job due to banging one of the other big wigs and lands a top job in the city of London buying and selling pork rinds and guessing the weight of the orange crop.

I'll leave the ending as it will spoil it.

BimboBob said:
exileindevon said:

It's about a bloke who has a dream. A dream to get out of the slums of India and make it in the big world of finance. It starts off slowly, giving his back story, how many wives he has, the kids that died, the kids that he sold to buy a suit, before he gets his first big break. After a short spell in hospital and a full leg cast, he manages to get a job as a runner in an insurance company in Bristol. He then works his way up to the mail room where he organises a dance off with a big chinned ex con before upsetting a dwarf. Suddenly the company owner spots his potential and gives him a job testing toys and he buys a trampoline for his town house before running riot on a big keyboard in the floor. He leaves that job due to banging one of the other big wigs and lands a top job in the city of London buying and selling pork rinds and guessing the weight of the orange crop.
your havin me on aint ya bob.he didnt really go to bristol

Im a big F1 fan, havent seen film but watched all races with Senna in. Its true the saying 'Nice guys finish last' cos I think the best drivers have to have a ruthless streak to be greats. They also have to be obsessed with their sport and virtually give their whole life to it.

BimboBob said:
exileindevon said:

your havin me on aint ya bob.he didnt really go to bristol

I'll get this from lovefilm soon. Wasn't articularly arsed about it but after reading the recommendations I'll give it a go

First saw it on a plane and was utterly riveted. The whole weekend at Imola 1994 could have been really badly handled but their selection of footage is stunning - the shots of Senna reacting to the Ratzenberger accident, knowing now what was to happen the next day, I found almost unwatchable.

DVD is worth picking up for the additional interviews, by the way. Some very interesting stuff with Prost and Ron Dennis.

leighton said:
How far do they go up to. I can remember him racing back in the early 90s. Some of his moves on the track were like a mad man. Do they show his race were he died? I remember I think the same weekend or the race before another F1 driver died. I think I might give this a look.
Yeah, Roland Ratzenburger was killed the day before in practice.

Saw this listed on an Etihad flight to India last week but opted for the mind-blowingly shit 'Everything Must Go' instead. Truly one of the crappest pieces of shit ever put to film and I'm even more pissed off now knowing that I missed out on a classic to watch it!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.