Sergi Samper

robbieh

Does anyone know about this kid?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120626/man-city-plot-summer-swoop-barcelona-wonderkid-175239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... kid-175239</a>

Talk Sport said:
Manchester City are lining up a move for Barcelona wonderkid Sergi Samper.

The 17-year-old is rated as one of the hottest talents in Spanish football, and Barcelona have had years of battles to keep him away from the plethora of interested Premier League clubs.

A stylish and cultured central midfielder with a superb passing range, Samper turned down a lucrative move to Arsenal 18 months ago, but after failing to push on towards the Barça first-team as hoped, he is now reviewing his options.

City scouts are wary that the Spain Under-17 star has a strong bond with Catalonia and will not switch countries easily, but the offer of a four-year-contract and a place in the first-team squad with the Premier League champions would be difficult to turn down.

Barcelona are believed to be reluctant to sell, and will consider offering Samper a regular spot in their Segunda Division B team to try to persuade him to stay but, if that fails, a bid of £5million would be enough to tempt them to sell.

I don't quiet understand the offer of a place in the first team squad, as he simply will not play in the first team. Does that just mean that he will train with the first team like Suarez and Rekik do (I believe)?

£5m is one hell of a fee for a 17 year old. Admittedly, I have never heard of him.

SamTheGuru said:
Talk Sport said:

The 17-year-old is rated as one of the hottest talents in Spanish football, and Barcelona have had years of battles to keep him away from the plethora of interested Premier League clubs.

A stylish and cultured central midfielder with a superb passing range, Samper turned down a lucrative move to Arsenal 18 months ago, but after failing to push on towards the Barça first-team as hoped, he is now reviewing his options.

City scouts are wary that the Spain Under-17 star has a strong bond with Catalonia and will not switch countries easily, but the offer of a four-year-contract and a place in the first-team squad with the Premier League champions would be difficult to turn down.

Barcelona are believed to be reluctant to sell, and will consider offering Samper a regular spot in their Segunda Division B team to try to persuade him to stay but, if that fails, a bid of £5million would be enough to tempt them to sell.

I don't quiet understand the offer of a place in the first team squad, as he simply will not play in the first team. Does that just mean that he will train with the first team like Suarez and Rekik do (I believe)?

£5m is one hell of a fee for a 17 year old. Admittedly, I have never heard of him.

As I was just saying on the other thread, if a player is ready & good enough, he will get a chance with the 1st team squad. Our players have either been not quite good enough or not quite ready.

Don't think there's any chance whatsoever of this happening. They see him as the long term replacement for Xavi when he decides to hang up his boots. Think that should tell you how highly rated he is though.

I remember somebody mentioning on Twitter a few months ago that we were signing a wonderkid from the Barca youth team. This might be him.

Neville Kneville said:
SamTheGuru said:
Talk Sport said:

As I was just saying on the other thread, if a player is ready & good enough, he will get a chance with the 1st team squad. Our players have either been not quite good enough or not quite ready.

Don't quite agree. I think it is more a case of not being willing to take the risk with any young players and we would rather farm them out to get 50-100 games experience elsewhere before bringing them into the first team. The problem arising is that the majority of our players are not getting game time elsewhere due to not being able to force themselves into the team. The only succesful loan spells recently have been Mohammed Abu, Guidetti and Rekik and I think even Abu failed at Eintracht last season.

He is seen as a mix of Xavi and Pep.The article seems to suggest that he is somewhere near first team level.Seen him on TV a couple of times I wouldnt have thought he is anywhere near that level yet.

Longer term decent prospect but not ready for the premiership from what I have seen.Highly regarded in catalonia.

Joehannes said:
Don't think there's any chance whatsoever of this happening. They see him as the long term replacement for Xavi when he decides to hang up his boots. Think that should tell you how highly rated he is though.
How many do they need
Thiago Alacantara, Jonathon Dos Santos, Fabregas, Samper now

kun said:
Joehannes said:
How many do they need
Thiago Alacantara, Jonathon Dos Santos, Fabregas, Samper now

The more they have, the more chance of one of them actually becoming the long term replacement for Xavi. Simple rules of probability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.