Sergio Agüero - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he worked really hard today, great assist...always going to be tough for him on days like today where a team just clogs the middle and the box. With Jesus coming back into form, just keep rotating and it’s only a real question for the big matches.

Wasnt getting the service and he came looking for the ball , nice lay off for Sane for the 3rd goal , he did Ok but not firing on all cylinders , he needs a run of games but Jesus is the form striker , can we play them both in games like Huddersfield , Burnley , Newcastle , without upsetting the balance of the team ? Can't remember them both starting any game would be interesting against some of the lesser teams.
They both started against Liverpool in our 5-0 home win last season, that's the only game I recall them both starting in though, id play them both against Newcastle and ask Gabby to sometimes drop into midfield, but I think Pep will go with Bernardo for the width.

A very typical mixed performance from our main striker,shades of brilliance while often lacking intensity and inspiration.

Not at all,he's a club legend for good reason.I often think he's a 90% player though,and i do think we look better as a team with Gabby.
For me Sergio is still the main man for the big games, he showed that against the rags and Liverpool though I would like to see us start both him and Jesus more often against teams outside the top 6.

Shame to see another golden boot race get away from him. Can't see him catching up Salah and Aubameyang in the goalscoring form he's been in recently.

Shame to see another golden boot race get away from him. Can't see him catching up Salah and Aubameyang in the goalscoring form he's been in recently.
I agree. Although it kind of felt inevitable. Not only is he going to be rotated with Jesus to some extent, but his fitness record isn't comparable either. I'm pretty sure his stats are similar to theirs given the minutes he's played.
Also it feels like Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool are all set up so that they have an individual primary goalscorer whereas it seems to be a bit more spread between our front three. So it makes it a bit easier for our rivals's strikers. Part of me thinks that if you stuck Aguero in one of those sides where he could be the one and only main man he'd be outdoing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.