Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goals he has scored recently have been from a ball whipped in to the edge of the six yard box that he's attacked instinctively at the near post. But he's offering very little further out. He can't beat a man anymore, he's not getting goals like the one he scored v Swansea on his debut, he's missing what should be straightforward chances for a striker of his quality and his overall link-up play is poor. His work-rate is much better but I stand by my view that I really can't see him being here next season.

When was the last time anyone had a shot from outside the box. I just don't think they are told to do that anymore.

He is not the only one though. Silva should have done better against Stoke and today, De Bruyne is not scoring anywhere near enough goals and Sterling is hit and miss in front of goal. It's a team problem for me.

Nope, me neither. China or back to Spain but he won't be leading the line for Pep next season, I feel certain of that

He is snatching at things....he used to be so composed....so I would ask why is he not as composed and I think for the 1st time in his City career his place in the team long term is under threat....and that will come from his role in the team and what Pep wants from him and it isn't just goals....look how Messi..Suarez...Neymar link....I think Pep is looking for that from Sane...Sterling and Aguero....the other 2 seem to be fine with it as is Jesus from what I have seen and that's because they are more than just strikers/goal scorers as are Messi and Co....and I think this is why Aguero is out of sorts is he capable of producing what Pep wants, I hope he is but what I've seen recently I'm not to sure

I actually think he is starting to link up better but there is still a lot to be desired. The action with Sane was wonderful where Kun passed him the ball and Sane backheel passed it back to him only for Kun to fall over and miss a sitter. But overall G. Jesus has much better link up play. I also think Kun's first touch with his back towards goal or when he drops deep and receives the ball is not very good. He often loses the ball in these positions and when he loses it dropping deep the other team is right on to the dangerous counter attack.

one great goal, but for him he was dreadful the rest of the game and it's not good enough. He has to deliver, simple as. It's his job and that's 2 games we've been on the end of a poor result because he's missed easy chances repeatedly.

We'd have won with the Sergio of old.

Exactly. It's not an issue if Kun is good player,he still is. But few years ago I wouldn't take absolutely any money for him because there was noone better available to replace him. I don't think that's the case now. He ain't getting better from now on, that's sure, but he is still good enough and big enough name for us to get good money for him and replace him for pretty much nothing with someone younger and with more potential to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.