Sergio Aguero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not read all of this thread. But am i the only one that had doubts as to whether Kun would stay with City - not because he isn't a great player (he is)
but more because he might not enjoy playing in Pep's system? Not his 'natural game' as such, so best to part ways. And yet, towards the end of the season,
it seemed like Kun's game had regained its spark...as if he said to himself 'f*ck, I enjoy this more than before, even if it is different from what brought success
before.?
Re read your post - why do you have doubts?

I'd be amazed if we let him go. Hasn't Pep said that both Kun and Vinny were staying? And Kun has said he's very happy with us, hasn't he? Now I know talk is cheap, but I can't see Pep letting him leave.

I'd be amazed if we let him go. Hasn't Pep said that both Kun and Vinny were staying? And Kun has said he's very happy with us, hasn't he? Now I know talk is cheap, but I can't see Pep letting him leave.
Everyone has said he is staying,sergio last week,his agent yesterday,pep and khaldoon but some on here seemingly want us to cash in,it boggles my mind they think all of the above are telling lies about him staying,he will be our record scorer in a couple of months time,we have always had an agreement he will stay for his contract then stay on or we'll let him go and he'll retire at the argie side

And breathe

We would be absolutely mad to let him go. Really think he'll be with us in August.

We would be absolutely mad to let him go. Really think he'll be with us in August.
I honestly can't see it happening. Someone else made the observation that Kun hasn't got the same acceleration that he once had. Which is probably true. He's six years older than when he came to us. And the catalogue of injuries he's suffered is bound to take its toll eventually. But he's a more rounded player now; comes deeper for the ball and is more involved in the build up play now. And, snail that he is now (!), he had his best goalscoring season with us last term. 33 goals in 45 appearances, in a stop start season, was none too shabby!

I see rumours doing the rounds of a swap deal involving Kun and Alexis Sanchez. Now Sanchez is a fantastic player, and I'd "luv it" if he rocked up at The Etihad.But I'd be unsure about that, if it meant Kun going, to be honest.

Unsure Jim ?

We would be utterly mad to straight swap them, Sanchez is a good player but he has snubbed us twice in the past so can't say I am overjoyed he has decided flutter his lashes at us when it suits him, how anybody could consider swapping Kun when he is a kick of the nuts from becoming our all time greatest goalscorer is beyond me.

Unsure Jim ?

We would be utterly mad to straight swap them, Sanchez is a good player but he has snubbed us twice in the past so can't say I am overjoyed he has decided flutter his lashes at us when it suits him, how anybody could consider swapping Kun when he is a kick of the nuts from becoming our all time greatest goalscorer is beyond me.
Ultimately Alf, we'd have to trust in the manager to "do the right thing". Hence my "unsure" comment. But no; I'd be less than thrilled if the swap happened. We want to add to the squad, not weaken it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.