Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite intrigued to see how this plays out now. 21, has at least 3 years of senior football under his belt, all be it in inferior leagues, but still, interesting to see if he can mix it the top dogs
He’ll be loaned out imo, we already have a similar conundrum with Esbrand, who would get the nod given his knowledge of the system; this is a bargaining chip for me!

Funny how that Belgian journalist posts we've not agreed a fee, then Romano posts something completely different. Is Romano pretty accurate with his stuff?

He's left footed, fast, good on the ball and has some magic in his boots when it comes to crossing.

What more do people want in a fullback? Positioning is taught. Cancelo doesn't know what postcode he's in fairly often and Zinchenko took a while to get it.
I think they want a ready made fullback to fill the holes made by Cancelo’s defensive deficiencies for the few games a season we need two defensive fullbacks.

Sadly, that can never be, as being a Pep fullback is very different to being a Klopp fullback etc.

You're right in suggesting it can be taught though. Time and patience is needed though.

He’ll be loaned out imo, we already have a similar conundrum with Esbrand, who would get the nod given his knowledge of the system; this is a bargaining chip for me!
Let’s just make Esbrand and Gomez fight for the first spot and buy a quality lb when he’s available.

Next summer we’ll loan one of them out and the other can fight it out with a new lb if we so desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.