Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is better? (I know barely anything about either player):

- sign Gomez and keep him as a rotation option
- sign Gomez, loan him out to Girona & sign Guerreiro as a rotation option

With the links to Guerreiro getting stronger today, it feels like we’re going to take the 2nd option.
Or maybe keep both and have 2 Leftbacks and 2 Righbacks

Why loan him straight back out ?? If we think he is good enough to sign for Manchester city then get him in right now

OK don't know much about the deal, maybe work permits or the fitness of playing in the Premier League week in week out but again then why sign him right now

Or maybe keep both and have 2 Leftbacks and 2 Righbacks
Seems highly unlikely to me that both Walker and Cancelo would only play about 30 games each in all competitions. They are the main men and will play 40-45 games each. I don’t think they should be exclusively competing with each other whilst Kyle is still a physical beast. Once he drops off a bit, sure. We’re not going to split 60 RB starts between Cancelo and Walker and 60 LB starts between Gomez and another. I can’t see it at all, I think Kyle and Joao are too good for that to be the best option.

Last edited:
Seems highly unlikely to me that both Walker and Cancelo would only play about 30 games each in all competitions. They are the main men and will play 40-45 games each. I don’t think they should be exclusively competing with each other whilst Kyle is still a physical beast. Once he drops off a bit, sure. We’re not going to split 60 RB starts between Cancelo and Walker and 60 LB starts between Gomez and another. I can’t see it at all, I think Kyle and Joao are too good for that to be the best option.
I personally think we should have both Kyle and Cancelo rotating. And leave left backing to actual Leftbacks. As in lefties.

Now perhaps in the 4 to 6 big games (Pool, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal) you play both. Otherwise, I want the Leftbacks earning there spot and not letting Righbacks usurp their position

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.