Sergio "Kun" Aguero

Without doubt the closest thing to Tevez - needs to be a bit more agressive , close down defenders more and learn to link up and bring mids into play - does that jobs a good un say I

we dont need a like for like replacement, especially if we continue to play 433

Overseas players take too long to settle. We are in a strong position at the moment but need someone who understands this league and can settle straight in. It has to be Torres for me.

I love watching Kun as he's incredibly talented technically but he's not the answer for us.
He's far too light-weight and he could never make it in the Premier League.
I've watched Athletico quite a bit and he's got a very nasty habit of going missing in games. He only seems to play well if the entire team is cruising.

Keep in mind when people were saying the same thing about Silva - I was one of the people who called bullshit. This is completely different. Silva is a fighter and a different character so don't use him as an example.

He's never been one to change a game by himself. I could NEVER imagine him on a cold winter night at Birmingham or Stoke! Could you?

dref619 said:

I agree.

The problem with Tevez is he was to good to leave out of the side even though he never really fitted into our formation.

We need to replace him with a big, strong lad who can feed off the wide players and maybe get the odd headed goal.

Dzeko would get a hatfull.

jimmy blue shoes said:
dref619 said:

I agree.

The problem with Tevez is he was to good to leave out of the side even though he never really fitted into our formation.

We need to replace him with a big, strong lad who can feed off the wide players and maybe get the odd headed goal.

Dzeko would get a hatfull.

We don't play wingers so this makes no sense.

Having only seen this guy at the most 10 times, i don't i think i am well placed to make judgement on whether or not he would be a hit at City or not. If we did sign him though, i would question his ability to play the lone striker role after coming from a less agressive league. I think more realistic targets include Dzeko (Mancini confirmed he was a fan of his in the summer) or Ibrahimovic (I know this lad has only recently gone to AC but anything is possible when Ibra is concerned and he is a Mancini favourite). I would personally add Torres to the list ahead of Aguero as i rate him as the best striker in the world (Form is temporary, class is permanent) but i agree Aguero has age on his side.

Having said this though, if this is the end of Tevez as a Manchester City player then i would like to see Adebayor get a run in the side, purely because when he was tearing the league apart at Arsenal and scoring goals for fun i was basically salivating over some of his goals, then he came and tore us apart at COMS and i couldn't believe our luck when we signed him and he is still one of my favourite city players to date. I believe that if he gets a run in the team then we will see him back to his goalscoring best after only seeing flashes of his brilliance so far in his stop-start City career.

EastStandAndy said:
Having only seen this guy at the most 10 times, i don't i think i am well placed to make judgement on whether or not he would be a hit at City or not. If we did sign him though, i would question his ability to play the lone striker role after coming from a less agressive league. I think more realistic targets include Dzeko (Mancini confirmed he was a fan of his in the summer) or Ibrahimovic (I know this lad has only recently gone to AC but anything is possible when Ibra is concerned and he is a Mancini favourite). I would personally add Torres to the list ahead of Aguero as i rate him as the best striker in the world (Form is temporary, class is permanent) but i agree Aguero has age on his side.

Having said this though, if this is the end of Tevez as a Manchester City player then i would like to see Adebayor get a run in the side, purely because when he was tearing the league apart at Arsenal and scoring goals for fun i was basically salivating over some of his goals, then he came and tore us apart at COMS and i couldn't believe our luck when we signed him and he is still one of my favourite city players to date. I believe that if he gets a run in the team then we will see him back to his goalscoring best after only seeing flashes of his brilliance so far in his stop-start City career.

Most of us football cognoscenti are aware of that.
For one reason or another we chose Tevez over him.
His case is a typical classic squeeze.
The knock against him is his 'attitude' by his detractors.
His 'attitude' has changed much for the better.
Will he be given the opportunity by true blue fans?

Having Ade & Mario (all proven goalscorers) as top lone strikers (2 in each postion) we will augment them with Aquero (ala Tevez) and Silva who will give us an added dimension to our strike force.

The days of relying on one figure (and holding us to ransom) to provide our goals should be dropped. It will be a wise move.

We can keep Ade & have Aquero rather than paying a king ransom to keep Tevez! Not forgetting realizing Super Mario's potential!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.