Serie A Thread - 2023/24

Anyone come up with an explanation for why neither the referee nor VAR awarded Bologna a penalty against Juventus?

I had half an eye on the game plus I can’t see anything from the tweet.

Point deduction coming for Juve? As fucking if. I can only assume it was something blatant but wasn’t given?

From what I saw of the game though, Juve really came at Bologna in the second half.

I had half an eye on the game plus I can’t see anything from the tweet.

Point deduction coming for Juve? As fucking if. I can only assume it was something blatant but wasn’t given?

From what I saw of the game though, Juve really came at Bologna in the second half.
Think the referee was in a poor position and deemed it shoulder to shoulder, incorrectly, and VAR decided that there was insufficient evidence to deem it a clear and obvious mistake, incorrectly. Two wrongs certainly don’t make a right.

Think the referee was in a poor position and deemed it shoulder to shoulder, incorrectly, and VAR decided that there was insufficient evidence to deem it a clear and obvious mistake, incorrectly. Two wrongs certainly don’t make a right.
A few surprises to the start this season. Napoli are carrying on as they started last season. Milan also look competent.

Roma are Roma and Lazio, unsurprisingly, are not looking great. How Fiorentina threw away their lead today, I’ll never know. All in all, an equally exciting start to Serie A just like last season.

A few surprises to the start this season. Napoli are carrying on as they started last season. Milan also look competent.

Roma are Roma and Lazio, unsurprisingly, are not looking great. How Fiorentina threw away their lead today, I’ll never know. All in all, an equally exciting start to Serie A just like last season.
It’s certainly intriguing. Lece have been behind in both their matches and come back to take something.

If we strip out the Roman clubs, then the fixture list is quite ‘light’ for the first few weeks, until the Milanese derby on September 16th. The big four (Internazionale, Milan, Juventus, and Napoli) don’t meet each other, so there is room for them all to make solid starts. But can they?

Last edited:
Really pleased for Verona, my sons girlfriend is from there, and he's been to a few games when they've visited family in Italy ....

I'm sure the run won't last....but it's a great start

Really excited too see what Milan do this season. They have built a interesting young team and Rafael Leao is now fully committed to the team as well. I do hope to see him in the EPL some day because I feel he is going to outgrow Serie A soon.

Salernitana are staring to ask Udinese questions but neither have looked like scoring.

Really excited to see what Milan do this season. They have built a interesting young team and Rafael Leao is now fully committed to the team as well. I do hope to see him in the EPL some day because I feel he is going to outgrow Serie A soon.
I still think the Pioli and Milan relationship is overdue but they’ve started well. So have Napoli, Verona and a few others. Although Juve drew their last match, they seem to be a different proposition with a fully fit Chiesa.

Milan play Roma this Friday, so we’ll see if they can carry on their winning start. On Leão, if he did stay in the Serie A for a few years longer, I wouldn’t be surprised. On his day, exciting to watch but also frustrating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.