Seriously though, who had honestly ever heard of Akanji?

I knew of him at Basel and was impressed in a game or 2 I'd seen him in but not long after that he joined Dortmund he still impressed when I saw him for them or the Swiss team in the next couple years, in all honesty though bar the games against us when I properly paid attention to them in the lead up he completely fell off my radar in the last few years.

Maybe it's because we'd massively improved our defence I don't know, and yet I still watched Dortmund from time to time but didn't think yeah we should go for Akanji once whereas in earlier years he wouldn't have been a bad shout, maybe I was just too focused on Haaland's and Bellingham's performances plus to a smaller extent even Giovanni Reyna's to care about anyone else they had.

I think we should be cautious about anointing him the next Kompany yet as some have seemed to on here, he's defo a bargain though at what we've paid lets hope he continues to go from strength to strength.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.