Settle an argument

Bluemoon dan said:
Just out of interest, what was the exact wording of the bet? I took beers to my seat at Maine Road for the Oasis concert there in the mid 90's! Watch out for it being a trick question...
I took beers to my seat for a couple of live screenings there too, so even if the question is 'what city game' I'd say it was texhnically Millwall in 2002

I take beer to my seat now at the Etihad and always have. I suppose it all depends who you ask ? I never understand how you are not supposed to take beer to your seat yet scolding hot drinks and pop are just fine ?

It's a pathetic law, a relic of a past football has left behind. We fans should be making ourselves heard more about some of those draconian spin offs from the Taylor report. And football itself should be making a stand. It's aiming itself at the wealthy market yet "customers" are still treated like its the hooligan era.

In the platt lane stand my dad would order a beer then would get me or one of my two brothers to ask for an empty coca cola cup from the bar. He would then pour the beer in to the coca cola cup & take it to his seat. Our reward for this espionage would be a few sips of the beer during the game, nobody ever knew!

jimharri said:
yeseye said:
just before they banned it.
winner.gif

Forget who the winner is, she is fit!!! lol

I remember a few weeks after my 18th birthday (in 1981 when I still looked about 15) and taking 4 cans of Boddies into the Platt Lane stand and a dibble coming up and asking how old I was - and then asking for ID when i said I was 18. Told him I didn't have ID but I was 18..... left me alone!

I always took my own beer in as couldn't stand Greenhall Whitley that was on offer in the ground (was well watered down!)

Didsbury Dave said:
It's a pathetic law, a relic of a past football has left behind. We fans should be making ourselves heard more about some of those draconian spin offs from the Taylor report. And football itself should be making a stand. It's aiming itself at the wealthy market yet "customers" are still treated like its the hooligan era.
The basis of which was largely the Hillsborough disaster. Which was a police stich up.

loui_mcfc said:
When was the last time you could take a pint to your seat at Maine Rpad?

Hmm..
Trick question?

As you have put "R Pad" not "Road"

Yes,obviously a typo but you never know with this place.

So R as in Our Pad... I'd say it was the recent Rugby League matches they had at Our Pad, 2012.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.